HybridZ

Subaru diff ?????

alexideways

Hi, I'M a bit confused, as I'v read very different things in many places, did subarus ever got R180 and R200 or only the R160

Now, can the subaru housing fit in a Z or can the R160 fit in an 180 housing????

Is there an clsd available for subys or just the vlsd crap???? thanks.

P.S.: I did use the search function but, I need confirmation on what i read cause, I'm all mixed up now.

In the mid 80s the Subaru XT Turbo had a R160 with a clutch LSD and 3.90 gears. These are pretty popular with the 510 crowd because they're a direct bolt in. I think they also bolt into a Z, but there doesn't seem to be too many people trying to get one installed. I've heard a few autoxers say that they're using them over the years but that's about it.

The WRX (maybe only the STi, dunno) came with an R180 and it has an LSD. I have no idea what kind of LSD or if it would work on a Datsun.

Lots of other Subarus like the Outback Wagons from 2000 on have R160 LSDs, I think they're viscous and again no idea how hard it would be to convert one for use in a Z.

Check with the 510 sites. They're probably more in the know on this stuff.

• Like 1