HybridZ

Updates on the '26

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

RCSgoldrb26.jpg

RCSgoldrb26-2.jpg

A couple of pics of the gold on my cam covers.

The block is scheduled for a bore and hone. I'm going to go ahead and do rods and pistons to get the most out of it. Not too much info on that yet. I'm still looking into a torque/deck plate. I'm going to order ACL bearings from "Speed Shop AQWIKZ" in a few weeks. Probably going with Wiseco or JE for the pistons and Eagle rods. They should be plenty for my mortal HP goals.

looking good man! I would also like to get eagle rods since they are quite a bit cheaper than carrillo/pauter but I don't know of any cars running them. I only want about 600 at the wheels and I would like to turn 9k rpm, to get the most out of my cams, so i'm not sure if i want to risk it.

Probably going with Wiseco or JE for the pistons and Eagle rods. They should be plenty for my mortal HP goals.

FYI, Wiseco makes all of JE's forgings. Wiseco pistons are typically much cheaper. Pistons sold as Wiseco brand use a difference forging process from what I am told and they are better.

Guest JAMIE T
FYI, Wiseco makes all of JE's forgings. Wiseco pistons are typically much cheaper. Pistons sold as Wiseco brand use a difference forging process from what I am told and they are better.

Was that James giving me useful information? Thanks, I'll look into it.