HybridZ

Need Help! 240SX with a Grand National motor.

Guest jasycz28

Guest jasycz28

I really would like to do this swap but can only really find a little info on it and it is all negative. I know this isn't the right forum but maybe you guys could send me in the right direction. I have been searching for days with no luck. Please any info would be great.

Thanks,

Joshua

Dont know of anyone who has done it but it has been discussed couple of times on the Turbo Buick boards. Go to http://www.turbobuicks.com and check out the hyrid forum. That forum is dedicated to GN-powered swaps. Do a search first to see what has been discussed then make a new post or bring back a previous post on the topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally wouldn't do it, because the Grand national is a collectors car and could go for bookoo bucks at auction for a decent one. But if you happen to find a totaled on then I don't see why not.

This type of engine swap I would think would be one of there first time learning experience for everyone. Don't think you are going to find any "how to's" for this one.

I personally wouldn't do it' date=' because the Grand national is a collectors car and could go for bookoo bucks at auction for a decent one. But if you happen to find a totaled on then I don't see why not.

This type of engine swap I would think would be one of there first time learning experience for everyone. Don't think you are going to find any "how to's" for this one.[/quote']

This kind of opinion is useless here at HybridZ. The guy wants a GN motor in his 240sx. Who cares if the GN is classic.

What the hell are bookoo bucks anyways? Is that some other sort of currency?

or maybe its spelled beaucoup?

Nobody buys a GN just to get a GN motor. GNs are somewhat rare but the drivetrain is exactly the same as was found in the Turbo Regals. While not as common as SBCs or SBFs, they do become available but you have to be at the right place at the right time with cash in the ready.

As for the 240SX swap, I looked into it and here is what I saw. You will have to build a custom cross-member and relocate the steering rack as they are in the middle of the engine compartment and would be directly under the engine. A skilled fabricator can do this but probably not so if you are looking for an easy drop-in. The tranny tunnel is also very narrow. The tunnel has to accomodate the tranny bellhousing and have some room for the turbo DP, typically 3". You could probably run the DP down low but a 3" DP might cause some ground clearance issues. Last but not least, the car would be somewhat undriveable with the 4.10:1 final drive so a ratio swap would eventually have to be done.

This kind of opinion is useless here at HybridZ. The guy wants a GN motor in his 240sx. Who cares if the GN is classic.

What the hell are bookoo bucks anyways? Is that some other sort of currency?

or maybe its spelled beaucoup?

Sorry I was under the impression that they would priced higher than under barrett jackson. $34k still not bad. I was thinking of the turboed GN. I think I read somewhere that they were a low production car ( for the turboed version).

he's right though. the buick is a collector's and the parts would be ridiculously expensive...

LMAO I guess you haven't bought a new Z part lately or a 240sx part?

240sx are worth like twice or more what Z's are now every since fast and furious. I don't think money is really the problem here.

LMAO I guess you haven't bought a new Z part lately or a 240sx part?

240sx are worth like twice or more what Z's are now every since fast and furious. I don't think money is really the problem here.

good point :[

guess it'll be a while before I can do my very own ka-t in a 240sx :[

damn fast and furious!