HybridZ

my dyno trip!

went to the dyno today. on a brand new dynojet machine. i'll post pics and provide a link to a video as soon as my friend posts it. anyway, mike [from neweraperformanceparts.com] had performed the initial tune on my car with ls1 edit [also removed all the 'stuff' i didn't need] when i was first ready to start the car. i've put about 600 miles on it, getting the feel for the additional hp & getting other items sorted out.

today, we did the first pull [just after a 2004 gto was done] and with only his initial 'best guess tune' prior turned 325 rwhp, 350 rwtq. only needed 2 more runs and now have 330.5 rwhp and 360 rwtq. pretty cool from a basically stock ls1.

mike is trying to talk me into doing a cam and then more tuning. think i'll wait and get used to this new power!!

big thanks to all of you who provided support, encouragement, criticism [when needed] and knowledge along the way. no how would i have been able to do this without my fellow hybridr's!!

many thanks!!

david

Good numbers and ofcourse GOOD JOB David. What kind of exhaust did you put on? What kind of intake? JTR w/ Z06? Funny I have a Mike on this side of the country. Speed is very adictive, especially when you have somebody talking in your ears! Alot of it is getting the most out of your swap. Meaning, where your at now with basically a stock motor. I believe your numbers are good. If you decide to go with a cam. I would do heads at the same time. I pulled 419.3 rwhp and 402 torque, with heads and a cam. I'll do a post in a little bit on my latest numbers after having my exhaust redone!

JOEY

joey, i kind of made my own intake. got the 90 from the tb from mike [jtr] and the rest of the parts from neweraperformanceparts.com [they're here in rochester-they also did the initial tune as well as dyno & tune for me using ls1 edit]. exhaust-custom one-off. i purchased all t304 ss 16 gauge components from verocious motorsports-straight pipe and mandrel bends then cut & welded it all together. pics are in my gallery. it's a dual 2.5 inch from the headers then after the trans Y into a single 3", to a magnaflow 3" in/out muffler and a magnaflow tip. sounds really nice and flows well. evilc should be posting a video pretty soon and i should also be listing a link of one of my dyno runs. thanks again for sending me the cd [last year], it really helped me visualize what i needed to do as well as keep me motivated!!

Good numbers and ofcourse GOOD JOB David. What kind of exhaust did you put on? What kind of intake? JTR w/ Z06? Funny I have a Mike on this side of the country. Speed is very adictive' date=' especially when you have somebody talking in your ears! Alot of it is getting the most out of your swap. Meaning, where your at now with basically a stock motor. I believe your numbers are good. If you decide to go with a cam. I would do heads at the same time. I pulled 419.3 rwhp and 402 torque, with heads and a cam. I'll do a post in a little bit on my latest numbers after having my exhaust redone!

JOEY[/quote']

it's a super secret [lol] kidding. joey, early on in my project was good enuf to let me bend his ear with questions i had as well as offer to send me a cd with a bunch of pics he took during his swap. thanks again for that joey!

What is this CD you speak of? I need some motivation in my Project the Summer Heat has brought it to a Stand-Still.