HybridZ

let the experiment begin "gulp"

I'm on a roll these days. I'm back in the saddle working on the car.

New I/C is in, new and improved engine bay braces are in, aluminum sheet work to direct air from the large opening under the grill and the grill itself into the i/c and rad only.

Now for the more adventerous stuff. I have a newly installed adjustable brake bias set up beside my brake master cyl. It was initially set a 50/50 for experiments. I took the car out for some safe area test drives, and have nailed the brakes from sane speeds.. ie 60-100kph. So far, I can't tell which is locking first.. the front or the back....I guess this is a good thing for now.

Some specs:

Yokohama avs sports 235/40/17's in front 315/35/17's in back

toyota 4 piston s12w calipers and 300zxt rotors and metal master pads.

Stocko drums out back.

The suspension has been solid enough, and has seen lots of track days, though it is going to have some upgrading coming.

I firmly believe the car is safe to drive on the street. I do need to take it to the track to try some higher speed stops in an open area. I'm thinking I may need a video camera to video the car from outside, to see which is locking first. The braking has been solid so far.

Well, at least I've made the next step. New brakes in the rear will be next. At least I'll be ready for that.

Scott

DSC01068.jpg

Guest TegRacer324

I'm not an expert or anything, but I'm pretty sure you should probably put the adjuster in the car. That way you can do it on the fly.

You normally don't want to be adjusting the bias, so if it isn't a race car installing the prop valve in the engine compartment where you have it is fine. I'd expect that your car with those big rear tires and rear weight bias (guessing) can use some more rear brakes, so it sounds like a good experiment to me.