HybridZ

my s30 drawings...

OlderThanMe

• 2 weeks later...

I call this one Formula Z...This is very close to what I want to do for my Z. Notice the headight covers aren't standard ones but are "pushed in" a little bit

m58545010.jpg

I'll have some more good ones coming up soon. Once I get exactly what I want to do then I'll start doing some color. The car willmostlikely be gloss black with some Xbox green accents used VERY sparingly. Maybe a thin pinstripe and then a little on the interior. The motor will be rediculous though.

I made a few changes to my Formula Z sketch. Now the Formula Z mkII

open front fenders, top of fenders are now part of the hood, and a few other small things.

m58739327.jpg

m58739925.jpg

This is REALLY close to the direction I am going to go with the body of my Z.

I may just scrap the whole front frame above the main square tube and do a tubular setup. That will be in the future though. Maybe summer of 08 after my big motor build and the car gets drivable.

OTM, I like that one over all, but I could do without the hood. I'm working on a new one, I've been hanging out on www.mulsannescorner.com looking at prototype racers all day at work now that they've blocked out Hybridz (but for some reason I can still go to classiczcars.com-go figure), so I'm going to incorporate some of that stuff they've got going on in my next drawing...

I've got a nice HP scanner, but that scan was done with the page still in the sketch pad, so the light seal wasn't the best. That's why it's lighter in the bottom right than in the top. They always look a bit warped to me though when compared to the original image...anyway, here is my newest one. I left the front wheel off so you could see what was happening with the fender a little better:

newbodykit.jpg

I took off the big airfoil, and made it a big lip spoiler. That duct at the rear wheel spits the air out of a small scoop just above the rear wheel. The scoop up front is the engine intake, and the two small ones on the splitter feed the radiator. There would probably be a ton of drag with a kit like this....