RB24DET/6 speed - 260hp

Options:

Navigation

Leather

Automatic (Base only)

LSD (Premium)

Aero kit (Premium)

Sunroof

Design: Was inspired by the gorgeous 2001 GTR Concept.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest l28et
The problem with targeting that batch of cars is that they are all roadsters...is your concept supposed to be a hardtop convertible? I don't think you could do it for that price. I'm not familiar with that particular RB engine, is it currently in production? I suggested a QR25de because it was currently in the lineup, and is a solid motor, but if this RB24 is legit, that's probably the way to go.

No, no convertible. I don't like the convertible Zs, 240 customs to the 350 roadster. The cars in that price range that fit the criteria (cheap, RWD sports cars) happen to be convertibles.

And no, the RB24 doesnt exist, but it should. Although the RB20 is old as hell (when was it launched, 86?) its showed it can be transformed and has held up through the years.

The QR is a 4 cyl = no good. Zs have to be six cylinders, and Nissan should revert to the inline for many reasons.

But thats all irrelevant, because its not happening. I think the sketch/idea is pretty damn sexy.

:D

I suppose since it's all happening in dreamland anyway, it doesn't matter, but if you really were trying to sell that car, you would have to factor in the target audience, as well as the realities of production costs/benefits. I think reviving Datsun is a good idea, and I don't mind seeing a 4-cylinder version of the z come back, especially if that means the whole chassis would be smaller than the 350z. Every other car in your focus group there is 4 cylinder powered, mostly because of costs. I wish there were a hard top version available for the solstice and sky right out of the box, but unfortunately it's only available in the aftermarket. Those would make for some sexy coupes in my opinion. I'd like to see affordable rwd cars make a comeback as much as the next guy...

I've been noticing lately that the manufacturers, american in particular, are overly concerned with making cars that EVERYONE wants. I know that they're in business to sell cars, but you can't please everyone, it's the same thing with the music industry. They've all gone MTV. Chrysler has this Caliber AWD SRT-4 that's supposed to be coming out. Sure, it's cheap, and it's gonna be darn fast, but it's not a realistic car for someone who's buying their first car. You're just out of college, got your first taste of real money, and you want something that's fun. Fun is marketed to Joe American as power. For some reason, I can't picture your average 23 year old guy being able to control a 300hp FWD car. If Nissan were to bring back the Datsun name, it would have to do it with the intention of producing a product that's accessible, reliable, and fun. The specs that are laid out above would be great, as long as the car was no heavier than 2500 pounds, Ideally, it would weigh around 2200. An L6 would be great, it would give it just that extra bit of torque. A more masculine Miata with some balls and a nasty exhuast note. That's the real competition. Mazda has a car that rolls off the sales floor and onto the race track. I'd like to see Nissan do that with a similar car. I kinda forget where I was going with this, it's late and I'm tired. I don't want to see them reintroduce the 240Z like everyone else is doing with the muscle cars, there's gotta be something they could call it other than that. Maybe just call it a coupe?

Viva La Zoom!