HybridZ

Quick SU question

Initial Z

I'm looking into replacing my flat top carbs for my 73 Z with the earlier round top SU carbs but don't know if there a certain year of round top SU I should get? Are all round tops and components the same? If not what's the best version / combination of components for producing power?

thanks,

nate

Why not go for the 2" jaguar su's instead of the 1 3/4" datsun units? Before I settled on doing megasquirt, I spoke with a shop that does mini cooper hot rod engines about the suitability of using su carbs with a turbo, and they told me that they use a jaguar su just like it sits to turbocharge those engines (but I'm pretty sure they draw through it instead of doing blow-through).

Why not go for the 2" jaguar su's instead of the 1 3/4" datsun units? Before I settled on doing megasquirt, I spoke with a shop that does mini cooper hot rod engines about the suitability of using su carbs with a turbo, and they told me that they use a jaguar su just like it sits to turbocharge those engines (but I'm pretty sure they draw through it instead of doing blow-through).

well I'm trying to make a car that i can race in scca road races so i have to use the SU carbs from the Z cars, otherwise I'ed look into that. Thanks though.