HybridZ

Comparing LT1350 vs Speartech harnesses..

Getting to that point now. The JCI kit is on the way, motor and tranny are in the process of leaving the Firehawk and I'm turning my attention to the wiring. Any of you swap vets have an opinion between the two (and I probably need to look more closely at the S&P harness)?

I did use the search function but no one has really compared the two that I could find. Seems like the LT1350 harness is less expensive. Is the quality there?

Thanks for your help. I know that one of these days there's going to be a question that I can actually answer instead of always mooching off of everyone elses wisdom...:)

Thanks guys.

Bryan

Dat240zg

Dale:

I saw an old post about you having an S&P harness. What was your experience with them?

They're just down the road (basically) and seem to know their stuff...

BTW...a little arkansas trivia...Mena (where S&P is located) is supposedly the wacky weed producer/distributor center of the midwest! And I don't know this by experience. For real.

:)

Bryan

Dat240zg

It was a nice harness and they seemed like an easy going group over there. The quality was just as good as Speartech's but you had to have a 98 computer to work with their harness so I sold it because I had a 99 setup. I assume that they will do a new version now, and quite frankly I think they would be a good choice for you since they are so close, wacky weed or not. :)

I used the LT1350 harness, and if I had to do it again I would have used someone else. After I installed the harness, I found out the he reversed the O2 sensors on one side. In other words, he wired the O2 Sim into the front O2 sensor and left the rear plug on. Unfortunately, his sims are hard wired in so I got to cut and paste. The key here is they wouldn't take the harness back, and I had to fix their mistake. He had also told me on the phone before the purchase that they test all harness on a test stand. Not sure how the harness passed with sims wired up backwards!

Also, shortly after the install, the rear sim on the other side failed so now it's throwing a code.

They also did not have a wire pulled for the clutch switch (mines a 6spd), so the ECU is also throwing a code for that.

On the positive side, they did turn the harness quick. I think it took less than two weeks, although I would have gladly waited longer for a properly modified harness.

I plan to have the codes deleted when I get the car dyno tuned but that won't be until after I get new heads and a cam (probably this winter).

My recommendation would be to spend a little extra money and have it done right and steer clear of the hackers.