HybridZ

Koenigsegg CC"X"

TheNeedForZ

Guest ON3GO

nope koenigsegg made there own twin supercharged engine..

runs on all kinds of different fuels too.... very insane.

my fav car by far! ill take it in orange!

mike

Guest ON3GO

they said it will run not only one pump and race type gas but if you tune the engine to run on bio-deisel (sp?) it will produce over 900hp.....

watch the 1st filming they did on the car, it was insane!

mike

i remember the previous model used a Ford engine but they said this CCX uses its own in-house engine.

according to "the Stig" it also needs a rear spoiler to keep its @$$ down :)

You can believe me or not. But I have talked to Christian (The Owner/President of Koeniggseg) on the Phone before and he told me that the engine is just aftermarket ford parts. Take it as you will, he also explained to me how his dual centrifugal superchargers worked and all I can say is it is Badass.

WHAT?!?! Well I have heard of the E85 fuel but didn't know it is a good turbo fuel. Any story or data to back that?

E85 is mostly alcohol from grains. It has a higher octane rating than gas and just like an alcohol drag racer you can run more boost when you're using it without detonating. You could probably run 12:1 compression too on a NA car.

http://www.agriculture.state.ia.us/e85q&a.html

Ethanol has less energy content than gasoline. However, E85 also has a much higher octane (ranging from 100 to 105) than gasoline.

E85 is mostly alcohol from grains. It has a higher octane rating than gas and just like an alcohol drag racer you can run more boost when you're using it without detonating. You could probably run 12:1 compression too on a NA car.

http://www.agriculture.state.ia.us/e85q&a.html

Wow, how 'bout that? I guess E85 is not just a environment friendly fuel...turbo friendly too. Thanks Jon.