HybridZ

S30 IRS Swap ideas

I'm looking at idea for a IRS swap into my 77 280z. I would like to do this for several reason:

What I want to gain:

-Rear Disc Brakes

-LSD Differential stronger then R200(r230 or better)

-5 lug rear

-CV axels

-updated unequal length A arms, or trailing arm suspension

Canidates:

-93-98 Supra

-S14 240sx

-z32 300zxtt

What else is out there that would be a good upgrade for rear suspension? I want to stay with IRS supension so no ford 9". The s14 swap has been done and seems like a good upgrade if you add a R230 to the mix.

What is the factory rear track width of the S30?

Regards,

Justin

I would find something with trailing arm style suspension. My Jag has it and the ride in that car is incredible. Taking corners is so smooth I can leave my coffee cup sitting on the console until the G-Forces grab it. Almost no body roll, great hook up, and the ride is like a cloud.

You need to hit the search function and start reading. The s14 swap has been done multiple times and has been discussed to death. You will even find detailed pics/weblogs. People have talked about the Supra swap, but don't know who has actually done it. The z32 swap has been done in part. The one you didn't mention is the Corvette rear. Once again, has been discussed in detail numerous times.

Search