HybridZ

JCI LT1 Kit arrived...pic inside.

Well, my Johns Cars LT1 kit is finally here. First impressions are a little mixed - mounts look over engineered (to my nonengineer brain), but for paying $695, I expected to get parts that weren't beat to heck. I like the fact that the kit comes with actual mounts and connects to the crossmember, seems like it would be a little more sturdy.

John helped out by swapping the T56 mount in for free. Truthfully, I can't tell any difference between it and the JTR mount. I'm going to measure the JCI mount and compare it to the measurements from the JTR book for kicks.

I will say this, JTR has the better manual by a long shot! The JCI manual is a few photocopied papers with a drawing that doesn't show up well. Hmm...

Anywhoo, here's the pic.

JCI_LT1_kit.JPG

I'm finishing up prep work on the Z and the motor and tranny should be going in this weekend!

Finally!

Bryan

Dat240zg

A bit pricey for what you get, but at least it is "plug and play" for the most part. Thanks for posting the pic---at least others will know what they'll be getting with the JCI kit.

I agree about the tranny mount--I swear I'm looking at the JTR mount with doubler plates.

Good luck on your install!

Davy

Now that I'm pic happy, here's the garage in its current state. As of today, the Firehawk is pretty much picked over, and the Z has fuel lines plumbed, etc. Getting exciting!

Before:

DSC03022.JPG

During:

DSC03062.JPG

Now:

uh..haven't had time to take another pic. :)

Bryan

I have to be honest, I would definitely go with JTR instead after seeing the JCI contents. And the price???? Are those mounts 14K gold or what? I'm not trying to be negative on your purchase, just seems way overpriced considering the contents and manual quality. On another note your Z looks great, and the donor looks like a great source for parts. Good Luck on your project.