HybridZ

Dis spitting and sputtering

Guest 280zx turbo owner

Guest 280zx turbo owner

IM 16 with a 1983 280zx turbo and when i start it up it pops and sputters and it'll idle its juss when u give it gas it starts popping like itz the air flow meter, at least dats wut i was told one time before but if u have any info plz let me know. Thanks alot, Josh

Thoughts I'd help you out a bit. Nobody else seems to be. This will help you out.

http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=75&a=2

4. This site is based in the USA, and as such, text is to be written in English. There are web sites available on the web that can translate text from many recognized official languages to English, if you don't know it. (But then how could you read this? ) Gangster-slang, or any other cute, obtuse, street-talk dialects are not tolerated. Write in clear English that does not require a current knowledge of the latest street-slang.

Thoughts I'd help you out a bit. Nobody else seems to be. This will help you out.

http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=75&a=2

4. This site is based in the USA' date=' and as such, text is to be written in English. There are web sites available on the web that can translate text from many recognized official languages to English, if you don't know it. (But then how could you read this? ) Gangster-slang, or any other cute, obtuse, street-talk dialects are not tolerated. Write in clear English that does not require a current knowledge of the latest street-slang.[/quote']

Erh Didnt i Help?

Guest 280zx turbo owner

Look my bad about getting smart but i really need some help with this problem, my step father gave me the car b4 he died and i would like to drive the car back to school.

You'll need to do basic troublshooting. Check all the ignition components and adjust the timing to factory specs. Make sure all the plug wires are good, check the plugs, etc. Go through the fuel system checking filters, the quality of the fuel, fuel pressures, etc.

This is basic mechanics 101. Its not something we can really help with because we can't see or touch the car.