Sure thing' date=' it's a shop.

Here's the info:

Beeville Automatic Transmission

1503 S. Washington

Beeville, Texas

bautotra at lonestarinternet dot net

Over 30 years in business

Hope everything works out for your project.[/quote']

Thanks JustAFantaZ. If I can't find a good local shop, I'll give these guys a call. I hesitate to use a shop that's 100 miles away but, if I can't find one closer, I'll expand my search. I'm 100 percent positive there are a few reasonably-priced, very good tranny builders right here under my nose. I just don't know where to look:confused:

I've asked a number of folks at local parts stores and performance shops but you all know how it is... much of the time they're either speaking out of their behinds, or they're sending business to a buddy, or they get a small kick-back from referrals... whatever:icon56:

I need help locating a shop because I've lost my ability to recognize BS from truth. A perfect example: I just bought an Alpha 1 from a guy in NM. He sounded like a good, decent, honest, reputible, truthful person. In truth he was a lying cheating SOB and I got royally screwed. I paid nearly $16K for a car worth half that!! So much for my instincts:bonk:

At any rate JustaFAntaZ, I appreciate the info and I may opt for a long-distance tranny relationship. Uh... that didn't sound quite right:oops: I'm straight as an arrow!!!

Art Carr is not the real Art Carr(the man) his company is CPT now I think.

I would personally use Mike Kurtz at Century Trans since he's closer to you.

I sent my tranny to Cali to PTS as I didn't trust locals for the intended performance I wanted.

Art Carr is not the real Art Carr(the man) his company is CPT now I think.

I would personally use Mike Kurtz at Century Trans since he's closer to you.

Thanks ISAV6.

I'd sure like to find a good transmission shop closer to home. There are added expenses when using out-of-town mechanics... car rental from and to the shop... warranty repairs if needed... which means more car rental from and to the shop... and more time lost:?

I need to keep this simple. As I get older, I find less energy during the day... and much less patience. If this is always going to be a pain in the neck, I'll just sell the car and buy a Miata... God help me:eek: