HybridZ

Anything fishy about this ad to you?

zeeboost

My girlfriend had one of her plants on my television when she decided to water it...yeah. Well, water ran down into the tv and fried it. So, now I'm in the market for a new television, and I've been looking at the 56" Samsung DLP HDTV, which I can pick up at Best Buy for $2000. However, I was looking at craigslist over here, and I found this ad:

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/178253152.html

The deal looks very attractive, but just doesn't ad up. At Best Buy, it is priced at $3500, but this guy wants $2300 less than that. The only description he gives is copied and pasted. I didn't know if this was a new (to me) scam that somebody else may be familiar with. I e-mailed him, and am currently awaiting his response. What are your thoughts?

its a scam... Dont know the inner workings of it but have seen it before, usually it ends up that the high dollar item (I've always seen it used for motorcycles) ends up being in another country, or the seller is in another country but the item is in NY or something like that. then he try to get you to send the cash and he will have his friend ship it out....but it never is :(

SIMPLE CHECK LIST

IS IT LEGAL!

IS IT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?

WOULD IT BE REASONABLE TO DO THIS ON THE SELLERS PART?

IS IT LOCAL,AND CAN YOU CHECK IT OUT BEFORE SPENDING ANY MONEY?

IF YOU OWNED IT WOULD YOU SELL IT AT THAT PRICE?

IF THE ANSWERS NO to any of those questions

PASS. !!! ITs PROBABLY the BEST IDEA! because for every DEAL you get your very likely to get SCREWED/ SCAMMED at least once so on average youll loose money

IS IT LOCAL,AND CAN YOU CHECK IT OUT BEFORE SPENDING ANY MONEY?

Yeah, pretty much the only thing keeping me interested was the possibility of it being local. If I saw this on eBay, I wouldn't think twice, but since it was on craigslist, I figured that they wouldn't try to scam a more local buyer. Oh well, live and learn.

You just have a checklist for everything, don't you? :mrgreen:

Eh, I just sold two Starion seats for $25.00 on Craigslist. I had NO emails at $50, so I had to lower the price. The guy that bought it was very greatful and new what the seats were to a 'T'. He told me the history of them, dates of manufacture and was impressed with my low price due to the relative rarity of the cloth (not cracked leather) seats in decent condition. For him it was nearly too good to be true, but for me I just wanted them gone. Now I have more room in my garage and some lotto money too :D

(j/k about the lotto)

Davy