HybridZ

Newbie says hey!

The greatest challenges posed in my current Miata project are in maintaining the scrubline and fitting everything in without hood mods or any exterior ques that give it away immediately (other than the sound of course)

What better fun than spankin' an egocentric Ferrari' date=' Porsche or BMW owner with a "little blue, chick car sleeper" eh? Thanks again guys for making an old motorhead feel welcome!

- Lee[/quote']

Well, those crossed flags on the nose offer a small clue.:2thumbs:

Gotta get me one of those.

Welcome Lee.

Your in good company here.

Well, those crossed flags on the nose offer a small clue.

Dan, I was kinda thinking that nobody was ever really gonna see that end of the car while I was driving it.:rolleyesg

2006 Corvette nose emblem, $28.00 from the Cheby dealer (it has both adhesive & pins, designed to stay on at 180+mph)

Rio Vista, Ca. isn't that the "Spirit of America" & Craig Breedlove's town too?

Thanks so much for the nice welcome Dan!:)

Rio Vista' date=' Ca. isn't that the "Spirit of America" & Craig Breedlove's town too?

[/quote']

Dang, you're good! Yup, down on Front Street. Great view of the river from the front door of the shop. Actually Graig lives on Grand Island about 20 minutes up river but his shop and the famous jet car are right here in town. My former neighbor has a chunk of salt-burned fiberglass from his last crash hanging in his garage.

Interesting, I was thinking Speedsouth because they have an LS1 V8 Miata they're building in their shop right now and a few of the other V8 Miata owners I talk to stop by there.

Speed south also has some interesting new tubular lower control arms for the IRS set-ups we generally use with our Ford 8.8 rear-ends.

- Have a good one

...is here in the Birmingham Al area.Robert Russom and his guys are serious motorheads and some very quick machines come out of their shop.The Miata project was very impressive last I stopped by.They had fabricated a complete double wishbone front suspension and engine cradle assy..The geometry was beautiful.They are also heavy into the LSX engines so the Miata(which already had some 400 plus HP from a monster size turbo on a 4 cyl) was inevitable.Welcome to the board.

Yeah, I talk to Robert on another forum occassionally and what impresses me is his aggressive attack approach to all the major structural issues involving "stuffing" LSXs in Miatas.

My project has really been slow because unlike the Ford 5.0 guys that have a kit, us LSX guys have to one-off design and fabricate everything from scratch. As it stands there are only about 6 of us around doing it, for good reason.

I should rightfully credit the Ford guys though, for the basic idea of using the Ford 8.8 IRS for the rear, other than that, it's a clean slate.

Thanks for the welcome!

- Lee

Interesting, I was thinking Speedsouth because they have an LS1 V8 Miata they're building in their shop right now and a few of the other V8 Miata owners I talk to stop by there.

The guys at Balanced Performance said the Miata guy is a regular and stops by all the time. I wish I had my camera with me to get some picts, it was gone last night. The Ford install looked very professional.