HybridZ

Project Ole Blue Z worklog........

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Well ive been wanting to do this for awhile.

been collecting parts so whatever.

ill be updating this thread up untill the car is done, it will take sometime im sure, but whatever :D

Ill being sticking with the L28ET for this ride.. i figured why not right.

Parts i have that will be used:

AZC oil pan (Have)

Ross Forged Pistons (Have)

Custom 240Z rods (any ideas?)

Custom Turbo Header (Have)

Fully built head with isky cam (Have)

T04S 62-1 custom Turbo (Have)

Tial Wastegate (Have)

Turbonetics Godzilla Bov (Looking for a good deal)

Custom Ron Davis Radiator + Fan setup (Have)

Toga HV Oil Pump (Have)

ARP Hardware (Have)

Custom Intake Manifold (Have)

Blitz Gauges

Custom FMIC (trying to figure out the specs i need to get one made)

Blitz Nur spec Mufflers (have one need one more)

MSnS EDIS setup (reading about it now)

Sparco Seat is getting recoved so are the two FD RX7 seats in red leather.

ill keep some other things under-wraps untill i do them or get the parts but i plan to make some nice power out of this car.

100_1173.JPG

PDR_2587.JPG

also im going to ZG flare this car also, i love the non-flared look but i think it will look great with the Laguna Seca Blue paint and.... these wheels

849_p89596.jpg

849_p89599.jpg

right now im looking for a shop that can put these wheels together so they wont leak air and get the right bolts for them.

right now im just sandblasting them and polishing the lips myself.

The wheels are from the 70's/80's.. there Ronal 15x10.5 rear and 15x8.5 front.

my ZG mirrors will be installed, as well as the Hulk Z's CCW wheels for track use... but that will be aways away.

also anybody have any idea for what color red leather i should go for?

pics will help!

Thanks

mike

Guest ON3GO

nope no stroker, just 240Z size rods... i wanna see what i can push with this size motor 1st. If i dont hit my goal then ill go bigger.

Nope no track car, just a badass street car.

No A/C nor heat but it will be getting a full sterio, leather interior, sound deadning, and alot more.

weight right now is 2485 or less since i took some more weight out but i plan on keeping it around 2500lbs even with the stuff ill be adding to it.

Also ill be going with ALOT bigger turbo then what i have now, even though mine is good for around 600+HP but again... i want more.

OH will be installing a Direct Port setup too!

Yeah In California it would be crazy to run without atleast the blower. So far your setup sounds pretty nice. So what are you planning for suspension Bigger Swaybars? New Struts?

With your turbo its definetly going to hit hard when you come on boost. It should be a great feeling.

What about gauges are you just going to stay stock or go with autolite or a digital setup

Guest ON3GO

Blitz gauges... nothing but the best.

suspension is Modern-Motorsports 8in coilovers on sectioned struts.

tokico adjustable struts, Suspension tech sway bars, nismo quick steering knuckles, adjustable control arms, and a few billet parts from AZC.

pretty much full suspension from the Hulk Z is going on it, besides the Nismo Race sway bars i have on it. The Hulk Z is getting something new.

Hey Mike, where did you find those wheel sections? I am dying to resize the wheels I have on my car, but I can't find a supplier for Impul wheel parts. I don't see why some other brand wouldn't work, but in my mind there is no reason why a three piece wheel should be this hard to modify. Isn't that the point of multi-piece wheels? To be able to repair the parts if something gets bent/damaged instead of scrapping the whole thing? I want to change the offset so they are deeper and I can ditch my 1 1/4" spacers...

-max