HybridZ

Arizona Zcar brakes and drag wheels...

I am wondering what any of you using the Arizona Z car rear brakes (12.2" rotors) are using for your drag race setup. I am currently running a 16x8 rear wheel and was wanting to source a 15" wheel that will clear the brake calipers. Does anyone know, for example, if 15" Weld Draglite will clear the rear brakes? Any other 15" options (I am still using the 4-lug hubs).

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike,

couple of ways to find out:

1. Someone local lets you do a trial fit.

2. Someone on the forum measures the inside diameter of theirs and you measure from the center of the hub to the top of the caliper and compare that to half of the wheel inside diameter

3. Call Weld and see if they can tell you the inside diameter.

Draglites are setup more for cars where the calipers dont stick out past the face of the rotor.

I have this problem in the front since i did my z31/32 brake install. i have to use a 1.5 inch spacer to get the 3.5 inch wide weld wheel to clear the z32 caliper. Im going to have Bogart racing wheels make me a set of custom wheels that look really close to teh draglites but with some extreme BS and machining so they will clear the calipers with either a very small spacer or no spacer at all. there wheels are only moderatly more expensive then a normal set of wheels.

for example the wheels im getting to replace teh 100.00 bux a piece weld draglites will cost 150 per side.

http://www.bogartracingwheels.com/

http://www.bogartracingwheels.com/bfaqs.htm

here is a pic of the wheel i will be getting to match the drag lites on the rear. I talked to a guy at bogart last year and they said they could built a 3.75 in wide wheel with 3.5 inch backspacing and also be able to clear the caliper. YEEAAAAAA!!!!! Lots cheaper then changing my brake setup AGAIN

billetlite.jpg

OBTW the 15X10 i had that i specifically asked to be built into the rear end so i wouldnt have to buy another set were forotten about and now i will have to buy a wider set. oh well they fit over z31 rear disc brakes and caliper. gonna go cheap when the time comes.

For my drag wheels, I have Weld Pro Stars, 15X10, 6.5" backspace, on my AZC 5-lug rear brake setup. I'm using 1-1/4" spacers to gain the right positioning within the wheel well for my 325/50-15 M/Ts. I need big rear flares to cover these tires.

Mike, my rotors and calipers are the same as yours, but the rotor hats and caliper brackets for the 5-lug setup give it a different offset than your 4-lug one. (I just changed from 4- to - 5-lug. )

But the Pro-Stars with proper backspace do have enough ID to clear your calipers. I even run 15X6, 3.5" backspace (with 2" spacers) on the front with no clearance problems with the AZC fronts. Also, I think the front 5-lug hubs are not at the stock offset either, so again you should measure for needed backspace to make sure.

Next time we get together I can help with measurements as I've been doing a lot of that recently:mrgreen: .

Thanks for all the input Scottie, Clint, and Rick. The Bogarts look like they may be the way to go. I obviously do not want to run rear spacers (don't mind running front spacers if I have to), and I definately have no desire to change my brakes and street wheels, so sticking to a 4-lug setup is desirable for me. Rick, I'll probably take you up on that offer for the next time we get together.

Mike

That was a quote from a while ago. i have sent them my measurements and im waiting on the price quote. he told me the wheel i need is a wheel they make all the time fro cobras and have in stock regularly. So i guess its a stocked custom wheel and mabe not as much??

At any rate a 400 dollar set of wheels is still alot cheaper then a new brake/suspension setup.