HybridZ

Fairlady Z on EBAY

EvilC

I think Montezuma's attitude is better off. Make the drive and inspect it for yourself. Afterall it is the weekend coming up. With the ton of parts he is offering I honestly wouldn't expect him to photo catalogue all of it. There is a point to verify the more rare or expensive parts. There was at least an effort granted not whole heartedly. I tend to take people more at their word and judge of character. I would be more willing to believe him on ebay with his feedback score than simply posted on a forum. That being said I am hoping he doesn't meet his reserve so that I can intice him to sell individual pieces...

Attitude remark was towards the fact that the auction wasn't a day old and already the posts are rolling in about it cannot be true. Where as the other site is I will go take a look and let ya'll know...

I love the technical side of Hybrid and the forward thinking...But damn sometimes...Done

The question posed by the thread was "What would you pay?" And that's how most have been answering. eBay or any used car transaction is always a buyer-beware situation. I know this firsthand from buying a Z that wasn't what the seller represented.

In this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112565 HS30-H points out that a 1971 Fairlady 240Z is an exceptionally rare car. It would be a good sales tactic to document that right up front.

That's also an impressive list of parts. They're likely worth quite a bit of money. Scammers frequently post auctions for things they don't really have using images they've "borrowed" from other sites. I can't blame someone for disregarding the auction based on the borrowed pics.