HybridZ

One bank of injectors staying on

DAT240Z

I had my car running not perfect but it ran, (lean) so Friday I found a map that looked good and plugged it in . took the car out and it ran really good for about 2.5 mile and than it died. I tried to get it started but couldn't so I had the car towed home. The rest of the day Friday and the weakened I tried to get the car started ( Adjusted and recalibtared the TPS). I pulled the plugs and as I suspected they were fouled . I noticed that 1,2,3 were not as bad as 4,5, and 6 as they socked. I decided to turn the car over to see if any gas would squirt out of the holes and sure enough 4,5,6 shout fuel out all over the car and walls. I then drained the oil but it was mostly gas that came out. Replaced the oil installed new plugs and the car started but ran for a few second and died again. So I pulled out the railed with the injectors still attached and turn the switch to on and as I suspected 4,5,6 dumped a lot of fuel, 1,2,3 did not dump any fuel, so I removed the connector from injector #4 and #3. I installed the connector for #4 to #3 injector and turn the switch to on and #3 dumped a lot of fuel as well as 5 and 6. This leads me to be live that something is wrong with the bank that runs 4,5,and 6. Would you guys have any idea, were I should start. Could something not be set up right?

Thanks

A little update I checked the voltage at the injectors and found that I have 12 v on 1-3, both side of the injectors and 4-6 have 12 v on one side and 3 v on the other side,and injectors 4,5,6 are very hot. I checked the relays in the relay board and fount the far left relay (as you are looking at the relay board) is hot as well. Could this mean a bad ground?

I decided to turn the car over to see if any gas would squirt out of the holes and sure enough 4,5,6 shout fuel out all over the car and walls.

I had similar symptoms and followed this same procedure. However, in my haste I didn't disable the ignition and a spark ignited the gas and for a few seconds I thought I was going to lose my Z and my house as the car was in the garage. :cry: The flames were rising from the engine bay and licking the garage ceiling. Please be careful. Luckilly I keep two fire extinguishers within arm's reach in my garage and I took care of it quickly. Even from only burning for 5 seconds, I had to re-wire a lot of my MS wiring.

Anyway, I traced my stuck injector situation to a longer screw that I used to hold my cowl down that penetrated my wiring harness and GROUNDED the return for one of the injector banks. I believe that MS grounds the injectors to fire them so you may want to start looking there.

Good luck.

Are you using high impedance or low impedance injectors? If you are using low impedance are you using dropping resistors to limit current or the pulse width modulation? That may have nothing to do with it, but atleast make sure that is set up correctly. Wiring the injectors can be a little tricky with the splicing. I had copied the ASCI test diagram into the sticky guide which helps a little.

Can I run all six of the injectors off just one bank

You can run up to 12 injectors (or is it 16?) off each driver, so yes. I have a problem with my driver #1, so I've been using #2 to run all of my injectors.