HybridZ

New member = new car to HBZ

EvilC

Hey posting some picks of a friends car who is now a new member to HBZ. We just pick up this car 2 days ago an early '74 260z. Don't let the Jersey plates fool you....this car is now in NY. First step is to get it running and see what we got! The member that goes by the name flames_187 will chime in sooner or lata and he can tell you his plans for the car.....LSx maybe? :-)

Crack-free dash!

JR1_thumb.jpg

JR6_thumb.jpg

JR2_thumb.jpg

JR5_thumb.jpg

JR4_thumb.jpg

Looks like at least that one door has been repainted, but everything looks really clean and straight from those pictures. I like those 280zx wheels too, but my favorites are the early Z31 gold mesh wheels (from the factory choices that is). Nice find!

allow me to reintroduce myself....im junior(flames_187) i drove about 12hrs outta 24 to get this car...all the pannels are there just not reinstalled...didnt have time studing for the GMATs while working and reading on HBZ takes up alot of time....the car looked to me as a good starting postion with a couple of rust spots on the floor (post pics later). plans for the car are

1. get in on the road running decently (tuneup).

2. find and ATTACK! all rust on the car.

3. firm up chasis

4. suspension, rims and brakes.

Im not to worried about doing any swaping just yet...i wanna get some track time with the l26 first..

P.S. aye evilC remember that datsun that was at alfred state and we was wondering where it went...well while praticing my golf swing8-) at the local park in ithaca i see a red 240z rolling up...obv i go talk to the guy and his friend...turns out that he brought it from them and restore the car in a year! l28 motor, gc fully adj coilover, motorsport brakes, paint job..he still got some interior and drivetrain work left but he did ALOT OF WORK in a year...

Well hopefully when you get back in two weeks we can get this car running and go through the brakes. Buzz n Cygnusx1 should be around to lend a helping hand unless Cygnuxs1 needs to go the vet again or Buzz will need to put fenders on his car!