HybridZ

Help, lost my cool because Im hosed

New2TheZ2006

Blew a heater hose, so thought Id replace em all. NOw I find no one carries the two 90degree hoses that wrap around front of engine. Went to five parts stores all said they have it then when compaired to original none are the hose. The hose I need appears to be 6 inch total length 90 degree with one end 5/8 and the other 1/2 or 3/8. I cant even find it on Ebay or couple Z specialry stores online.

Is there a part out there or must I convert this thing somehow.

Owe it is stock engine and looks like original hoses from 75 on the 280z.

Searched forums and didnt quite find this issue, just debates over stock or universal hose systems. I got the universal hose and woulnt work do to size difference.

These are the two hoses that are on front of engine they come from heater box as 5/8 makes 90 turn and attaches to 3/8 alumin pipe and then crosses front of motor and 90s back with hose again 3/8 and back to 5/8 and into top driver side of motor.

HELP?!?!?!?!?!:fmad:

We used to carry a hose when I worked at Advance Auto Parts that we would all use when we were bypassing the heater cores on our z's (two other co-workers had s30's, myself and a guy with a 260 actually used them for daily drivers at the time). It's Drive-rite part number: 80405. 5/8" by 36" with a 90 bend on one end. I don't know if that's the one you tried or not, but if worse comes to worse, find one of the depot stores and ask if you can go back and look for yourself. They are usually pretty cool if you don't go in with a chip on your shoulder.