HybridZ

lug nuts with 45 degree taper

I bought some diamond racing wheels stock car wheels. here is a thread where the wheels are discussed ect. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=107889&highlight=diamond+racing+wheels

the wheels are nice, and they were cheap but they are made for a lug nut with a 45 degree taper. Every other lug nut known to man has a 60 degree taper. I can find lug nuts with a 45 degree taper in 1/2", 7/16" but not in 12mm x 1.25mm. I don't want to change my studs as these are just practice wheels and I will be using a different wheel later. Does anybody know where to find lug nuts with a 45 degree taper in 12mm x 1.25mm?

Having worked on Porsches I'm not a big fan of aluminum lug nuts. They distort easily, and although I've never seen them come off it's just not a part that I'm willing to screw around with. You should be able to find 12 x 1.5 lug nuts easier, since that's what a lot of camaros have. Here's a link to the ARP studs with 1.5 threads, couldn't find the nuts on the Summit page, but they were listed on the DRW page for $1.65 per nut. I bet you could do a little better if you searched around though.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ARP%2D100%2D7708&N=700+300117+115&autoview=sku

• 7 months later...

After I read this thread I was a little nervous. I just bought set of Diamond 14x7 for my 240Z. When I talked with Bill he indicated that the larger stock car wheels use a 45degree, but any of the 13" or 14" wheels have the 60 degree seat for stock lug nuts. I'll have to look tonight when I get home. He indicated it was based on the wheel stud diameter in the wheel.