HybridZ

Never thought I would see THIS car drifting!

CruxGNZ

You need to build a faster race car. When you get into a really fast autox car there isn't so much difference as to not knowing whether the car is going to spin out' date=' the difference is what you're doing when you're preventing it. In one you're artificially getting the car sideways in a [b']power slide[/b] causing this sideways condition just specifically for the reason of being in that state, and in the other the car is actually 4 wheel drifting because you're riding just on the edge of traction and NONE of the tires can keep up with the lateral loads you're throwing at the car. Lot of car control in drifting, but there's more technical prowess and difficulty in driving really really fast IMO. Then there are the rally drivers who do it all at the same time. :D

I hate the drifting scene, but come on guys, this is Hybrid Z. We can't play to the least common denominator here (purism). If people like drifting, they should drift whatever the hell they want. Pop, you're right about the Dukes of Hazzard, but it wasn't just the new one that had drifting. The show from the 80's was full of drifting too. They just didn't have 20 series tires on 18" rims on the General Lee that had 8000 in/lb springs and rode 2" off the ground like the 240SX, AE86, etc that are so popular in the drift scene (and repulsive IMHO).

You my freind, are absolutly right. I like to poweslide, because the truck probly had like 100hp to begin with, and powersliding was about all you could do, unless you were goin like 70 in it, which was horrible to even corner in. I too hate the drift scene, mostly because of riceness. If you don't have an AE86 or 240sx(silvia or 180sx clone) your frowned upon as being an amature drifter and probly suck at it too, just because its not riced out enough.

People think it has to be an AE86 or silvia to drift. But the last event I went to the RX7's and BMWs were kickin a$$.

I always have to laugh at these drifter folks, especially if they think they are involved in something new. Drifting has been going on for decades in the USA.....just take a look at all the dirt track boys....now thats getting it sideways!