HybridZ

LT1 Fuel Upgrades?

I ordered the rear exit fuel line setup from S&P and mentioned that I had installed my aeromotive FPR. The guy that I was talking to strongly recommended against the aeromotive setup and felt that the stock regulator was strong enough.

The aeromotive guys seem to think that a 8 AN supply line and 6 An return is the way to go, along with the FPR. Anyone want to chime in with advice or opinions?

Anyone else made changes to their setup?

Bryan

Dat240zg

I run the Paxton FPR, which is similar to the Aeromotive. I ran -8 feed and -6 return on my '96 Z28 for years without a hint of a problem. When I did the fuel lines for my 280Z, I ran -8 feed and -8 return (simply because that is what I had on hand). Works fine.

Jody

So did you just remove the stock regulator and plumb in the Paxton? Hang on, I think you mentioned one time that you welded on AN fittings to the ends of the rails right?

BTW, the length of the Aeromotive pump with the 2 filters is about a foot and a half! Where did you mount your pump? I recognize the need to get it as low as possible, but, sheez, theres no room!

Bryan

I only have one AN fuel line running to the engine. I mention this because there is NO returning fuel line to return HOT fuel to the tank. The by-pass line is integrated in the unit and as in the Vette uses mounting as close to the tank as possible. It's also much easier on the fuel pump. The regulator is non-adjustable maintaining a constant 55-60 PSI at the fuel rail in volumes that can support up to 600 HP.

I'm building my car for Arizona, so I'm also using a Ron Davis, dual 1-1/2 tube, cross-flow 26 X 16 aluminum radiator. Dual Spal 13" fans shrouded.

Forgot to mention, the Corvette filter uses the OEM "quick connects" Russell sells the adapters and we saved Corvette, Camaro stainless steel hard fuel lines from the wrecking yard to "cheap" adapt also. What's great is, it only takes a couple of minutes to completely change it out if need be.

Hope the info helps.

- Lee

Attached Thumbnailshttp://forum.miata.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=23388&stc=1&thumb=1

I am using an MSD fuel pump(good for 500HP I believe), -6AN hard line from the pump to the firewall, then I have -6AN SS lines from the hard line into a Mallory fuel filter, from there it goes into the back of the fuel rail where I have a -6AN fitting that is welded onto the back of the rail, then the fuel comes out the other rail froma -6AN fitting that is welded on the back of the rail and into a Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator(I am running 45psi), from the regulator it goes into a -6AN hard line back to the tank.

Guy

I welded AN fittings on the end of both fuel rails. Then I mounted the Paxton FPR on the firewall. Here is a picture of the set-up when I was putting the car together. It is when I was wiring everything so it's a mess, but you can see the fuel pressure regulator and rails.

As far as the pump goes, I put a big Paxton pump in front of the gas tank, low, on a home made bracket. Sitting above the pump, parallel to it, I mounted the filter on the same bracket, so the fuel is pumped and goes 180 degrees up to the filter and then up to the front. Works very well.

fpr.jpg