HybridZ

update on project aziza

Been doing alot of work on aziza lately now that i have a daily driver til shes "half decent". I was driving it with primer and let me tell you, it aint pretty. I finally picked up some decent rims. 17x7.5 35mm offset honda wheels. Which leads me to my first question. I did some reaserch, asked a few z owners, and searched and heres what i come up with for tires. I want to run it by u guys first thou to see if this would work. 245/45/17 in the back with rolled fenders, 235/45/17 in front. Will i have any issues? Im in the process of lowering the car now. Arizona z springs, 240z insulators in the back and adjustable illuminas. I just got done with one side of the car. Ima go finish the other side this weekend. I want to get all this stuff done before paint. Speakin of that i welded my antenna hole, and hatch emblems then got to know bondo haha. IT looks decent. I need to get started on shaving the rear end now. Oh and for those of you who didnt think you could get a ticket for no rear bumper in a z. ur wrong i got one. he only knew it wasnt there thou because on 280z rears there are holes. Stupid pig was bored anyway so he got me. ive posted pics of my new rims, the lowered side of the car and the wheel held up to the car. ill post better pics sometime this weekend. Thanks in advance.

btw does anyone know the laws in ca about lowered cars? SOmeone told me that the middle of the headlight has to be 24inches from the ground. Does any one know?

DSC05159.JPG

my rims

DSC05162.JPG

Another rim picture

DSC00217.jpg

Rim mock up

DSC00195.jpg

Shaved stuff. SIde markers, and rear coming soon

DSC00213.jpg

DIffrence in spring size. that cant be normal

DSC00215.jpg

after drop (you should have seen it before) looked like a truck

DSC00227.jpg

Another after pic

IMG_1197.jpg

before drop pic

DSC09932-1.jpg

when i first got the car

all comments are welcome

235/45-17's rubbed on my car in the front' date=' but if you roll the fenders, it may work ok...

By the way, what are you going to do with the ninja star wheels you've got there?[/quote']

putting them on the 240z i just sold. So what is your recomendation for the front with out tolling the fenders in the front? dont forget these are 7.5 not 7s

Looking good!

What are the wheels on it now? I've never seen them before....

Mario

THey are called "westerns" ive never heard of em. them look pretty good thou. So i still havent gotten an awnser about the tire size. any one know?

btw does anyone know the laws in ca about lowered cars? SOmeone told me that the middle of the headlight has to be 24inches from the ground. Does any one know?

You got the ticket for no rear bumper because your car ain't pretty yet (not painted), plus you can see the holes and at least one bracket back there. If you car was painted and the holes filled, I don't think they would bug you about it, which leads me to my next point about ride height.

Yes, there is a minimum height that your car must sit according to CA law. Most cops don't even think about ride height, especially with a NICE custom car. The rougher the car, the more cops look at it to find something wrong. On the flip side, the more loud the graphics on your car, the more cops look at that too...

Both extremes invite the police to take a look.

Davy

• 2 years later...
Guest 280ZForce
You should be able to call up your local PD or CHP office and they are always more than willing to tell you any law. CHP told me that if they could hear the stereo in my car from a block away I would definately be getting a ticket.

you sure pulled this thread outta the shed... you do know this thread is 2.5+ years old right?

Also, the OP of this thread now goes by user name Aziza z and his car looks waaaaay different now.