HybridZ

Accel 375+... Anyone Tried This One?

Guest Mike

Not much response eh :) The only thing I know is that the Crane Hi systems have a good reputation. A Hi 6 would be my choice for a high performance Nissan 6 that has a distributor.

Howdy 260DET,

No, not much response to this post. Thank you for taking pitty:biggrin:

Thank you too for the Hi 6 vote. I'm running a 350 SBC... I'm estimating 350HP/350Torque (when running right). This one currently has an older (4 plug) HEI dizzy. I've been having some ignition problems, hence my interest in a new system. Until I make a decision and can go all-out, I've simply replaced all the exterior timing components... cap, rotor, module, condenser, wires, and plugs. Although this seemed to help just a bit, the major problems remain... rough idle, missing badly on at least one or two cylinders (not random), backfiring after revving the motor.

It threw a belt the other day. On inspection, I see that the water pump pully is just barely wobbling and the alternator is mounted slightly too far forward. These would obviously cause the belt to throw, but... I wonder if the shock of throwing the belt could have caused the timing chain to slip. Maybe if it was already faulty? Does anyone know?