HybridZ

My family's horrible week :(

280Z28

First of all, we're entering this weekend taking care of my brother and his girlfriend after their motorcycle accident a week ago. Jon was wearing full gear, but Stacy was only wearing a helmet. Her arms and one knee got some serious road rash. She seems to be in good spirits at this point at least. Jon's doing ok, just sore.

The accident was literally 3 blocks from the house. The paramedics wouldn't let my dad on the scene to see Stacy and see how she was doing (he would have beat the paramedics to the scene, but the fire station was 100ft from where it happened). Apparently the cops were total dip****s to my dad too. My dad is a very reasonable man, ask anyone on here that knows him (several). The cops said they needed to impound the bike and that was the final straw for my dad and he started yelling at them. He ended up getting to take the bike home though.

These pictures of Stacy were taken Friday night:

"good" arm 1

"good" arm 2

"bad" arm 1

"bad" arm 2

Friday, my other brother (Isaac, 15) was taking the A/C off of one of our parts cars (81 280ZX) that sold to someone locally for $25. While taking the LP connector off, he slipped and cut his hand. 10 stiches later and some wrap and he goes along real nice with Jon's g/f's arms.

Pic of Isaac's hand

Friday we got a call from my sister saying her b/f was very sick. They were going to wait until monday to see the Dr but his condition was getting worse so they went to the ER yesterday. He was showing signs of severe constipation but not responding to meds, plus he had a fever (the fever is why they went in yesterday instead of waiting until Monday). They were talking about surgery options and took him for a cat scan. The results were horrible. The scan showed tumors in (at least) 2 places with tell-tale signs of testicular cancer. The tumors are on his back (golf ball size), liver, and testicle (large enough to obstruct bowels). This morning he went from San Antonio to M.D.Anderson in Houston for his initial operation (removing one manhoodness). It's a very risky operation at this point because they aren't able to clean him out before operating on the area. The dude is only 27. :( wtf?

This morning we got a call from my sister and she had the brakes go out on her bike while she was riding downhill. She hit a speedbump and ended up running into the garage door and is scraped up. She's in san antonio, now without anyone there with her and is just sobbing. :cry: She is having a worse time than anyone her age should be faced with. :( :(

I'll say a prayer for your family tonight. In the mean time ask them all to think about their actions before they make their next move. Think about the safety risk, think about their loved ones, ask them to ask themselves "is it worth it?". Sure it's day to day stuff but leave yourself a way out (when it comes to driving situations) as for the family member with the cancer, it can affect persons of all ages, fell your scrotum from time to time, feel a lump Go see a doc!!! What is your health worth?

Sorry to hear about the testicular cancer. That is a real bummer. My best friend's girlfriend is currently recooperating from brain surgery. She had a golf ball sized tumor (benign) right next to her pituitary gland. She's ~35 years old. Tumors and cancer aren't just for old people unfortunately.

About your brother's girlfriend. Hit your local bicycle shop and get some "Brave Soldier". This stuff is made specifically for road rash, and it works friggin great. I found out about it when I hugged a tree at 20 mph a couple years ago. I scraped the whole right side of my face from helmet line to chin on the tree. It looked pretty bad. My friend gave me a little container of the Brave Soldier and it was pretty amazing. The huge scab that was the right side of my face was completely gone in about two weeks. People that I worked with at the time were pretty astonished.

Updates time :D

Juan had his surgery and is doing fine. He has to do chemo once a month for 3-4 months. He'll be living in San Antonio still and travelling to Houston for the chemo.

Now I get to see a Dr. today for a nasty cough I've had for a week. :(