HybridZ

LQ4/LS1 weights

It's not really the front. The center of the motor is like 12+ inches behind the front axle. With aluminum heads, I bet the car would be 100lbs heavier, but no worse off for weight distribution. Any particular reason you'd go with the LQ4 instead of an LS1/2 block?

i have an LS1 and an LQ4 right now. i have to decide if i want 243 stock/ported and run the LS1 or if i want to shell out the money for LS7 heads to put on the LQ4 since it has a 4.00 inch bore

Don't get the LS7 heads. Did you see the price of the L92 heads I posted in the aluminum heads are light thread? Those things flow crazy numbers (320+ out of the box) and you can have them bolted on your motor for under a grand.

I suppose if you already have the LQ4 then that's the easiest way. The LS2 does have a 4.0 bore though. :)

LS7 heads will have nasty shrouding issues on a 4.0 bore, if they'll even work at all.

ok, so the LQ4 weighs roughly 100 lbs more becuase its an iron block, what do you think that it would do to my weight dist? if the car was 100 lbs heavier in the front? what are you LS1 M6 guys comming up with weight/weight dist?

The iron block would make it the equivalent of an LT1 set up. Even with the iron block you can still have a slight rear wheel bias depending upon how everything is mounted.

I would not worry about weight bias with the iron block. It has been done too many times.

You need to search a bit on weights. I've posted pretty complete information at least twice now.

there has to be one in each thread. you are the winner for this one. i wasnt asking about the weight diffrence, i already posted that i know it weighs 100 lbs more, i was asking what other LS1 hybrid guys were getting for weight dist. thanks for being absolutly no help.

i know the L92 has a 4.06 inch bore, but i thought that the heads on the LS7 and L92 were the same, with only the LS7s being factory ported. so i figured LS7 heads would work on the LQ4, but i guess not. where would be the best place to get L92 heads.

i still dont know if i want to use the LS1 with 243 heads (maybe ported) or the LQ4 with L92 heads. decisions decisions

there has to be one in each thread. you are the winner for this one. i wasnt asking about the weight diffrence' date=' i already posted that i know it weighs 100 lbs more, i was asking what other LS1 hybrid guys were getting for weight dist. thanks for being absolutly no help.

i know the L92 has a 4.06 inch bore, but i thought that the heads on the LS7 and L92 were the same, with only the LS7s being factory ported. so i figured LS7 heads would work on the LQ4, but i guess not. where would be the best place to get L92 heads.

i still dont know if i want to use the LS1 with 243 heads (maybe ported) or the LQ4 with L92 heads. decisions decisions[/quote']

The L92 heads use 2.16/1.59 valves, flow ~320-330 and are cheap.

The LS7 heads use 2.20 intakes, come with TI valves, flow 37x, and are very, very expensive.

See if you can find someone on LS1Tech selling new L92 heads. That's where I got mine.

My point is that I have already posted weight distribution for my 280 - with the L28, with the LS1/T56, and then with other mods. Sorry for not being absolutely clear about that.

Try searching in the Chevy V8 area under LS1/T56 updates. It's also in some other forums. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113156&highlight=ls1+weight

there has to be one in each thread. you are the winner for this one. i wasnt asking about the weight diffrence, i already posted that i know it weighs 100 lbs more, i was asking what other LS1 hybrid guys were getting for weight dist. thanks for being absolutly no help.

Maybe you need to go back and read the stickies at the top of the forums. Especially items #2 and #8 at the top of this forum. you know, the one titled "HYBRID Z RULES AND GUIDELINES- Everyone please read!".

Phantom is a long standing member who has helped countless people on this site. No call to be talking this kind of smack to him. What he said is absolutely correct. Weight distributions for LS and LT set ups have been posted numerous times. If you make a little effort you can easily find this info by yourself. Be a prick to well respected members and you will find help a little harder to come by.

2. Please use the search function before you do anything else. The search button can be found at the top of the page. Use several keywords if you don't find what you need right off the bat. Remember: Just about every possible topic and problem has been posted and answered, in most cases several times. The Members on this board are very helpful and a great crowd of Z enthusiasts, but answering the same questions over and over again gets old.

i searched, didnt come up with any post on LT1 weight distribution. LS1s and LQ4s are also completely diffrent motors, so LT1 weight dist would be of minimal help. i found posts on LS1 weight distribution and i know that they come up to be either 50/50 or rear weight biased. i wanted to specificly know if anybody had an LQ4 or any other iron blocked gen 3/4 motor in their Z and what their weight dist is. its not like im asking about the toyota brake swap for my car here.

8. Don't make personal attacks if someone disagrees with you (see #6), and don't take advice given personally. Typed text has no intonation, or expression and the members on this board sometimes come off as being rude, or impolite. Generally this is not the case, so please be a little thick skinned when advice is given that you may not agree with.

you, my friend, by calling me a "prick" are in violation of rule #8 you so anxiously quoted. he didnt give me advice, he told me to seach. he took time to type out a lengthy post, why not just say "1400/1430 lbs LS1 M6 conversion" it would have actualy been SHORTER than the post he made. when i first read his post i thought he was telling me that i need to know the weights of my LS1, i already know this. i also posted that i knew the weight diffrence of the iron block, the way it was worded was not clear that he had posted weight dist numbers, when i went through and seached for his post (did this before i typed a response) it was still difficult to find his post with the info in it, but i eventualy found it. it still dosent really answer my question about how weight would be affected, but i do know generaly what to expect. the motor is almost completely behind the front wheels, but that means that its going to throw more weight onto the front than rear. so, still no exact answer. dont take time to write out a post just to say "use the search feature" its stupid and it wastes everybodys time. remeber what mamma said? "if you dont have anything nice or helpful to say dont say anything at all." i realize this is a message board, and some people dont want to post stuff they have posted several times before, so just dont post anything if you dont want to.

im not trying to start an argument or be a jerk here, i just gets annoying when people post in your thread "do a search"

It seems you are a bit sensitive about being asked to search. Perhaps it is because you've been asked to do that before? (I did a search). In the future, if you have already searched, I would suggest you preface your post with something like: "I've searched but not found what I needed on...." We're here to help but want to know that individuals make an attempt to help themselves first so the same posts don't get repeated over and over and over.

You are correct that there is little weight distribution information on the LT1/LQ4. Based on your number of an additional 100 lbs, and the data I gathered on my 280Z, my car - with that engine would weigh in around 1475 on the nose and 1455 on the tail. That is assuming a 75% front, 25% weight distribution for the engine weight. Move the battery to the back and you could achieve 50/50 on the car - until you get in it. The drivers weight is distributed 25% front/75% rear (information in another one of my posts) which would then have the car tail heavy.

You will also note that both the engine and the fuel tank are passenger side biased which makes the passenger side of the car heavy - until the driver gets in.

ItYou are correct that there is little weight distribution information on the LT1/LQ4. Based on your number of an additional 100 lbs' date=' and the data I gathered on my 280Z, my car - with that engine would weigh in around 1475 on the nose and 1455 on the tail. [b']That is assuming a 75% front, 25% weight distribution for the engine weight[/b]. Move the battery to the back and you could achieve 50/50 on the car - until you get in it. The drivers weight is distributed 25% front/75% rear (information in another one of my posts) which would then have the car tail heavy.

You will also note that both the engine and the fuel tank are passenger side biased which makes the passenger side of the car heavy - until the driver gets in.

thanks, the bold print is really what i needed, i wanted to know how the engines weight was distributed to the front/rear.

seach feature just chaps my ass cheeks. you get 6789 posts about nothing related to what you post. if you seach for other stuff its fairly easy to figure it out. but this was something that didnt show up at all