HybridZ

280Z valves in my E31

Z-point

But does anybody can help me with parts numbers of these valves. I do have the Z car CD but aren’t sure if it still correct..

It was Joh who advised me to take the 280Z valve and not the ZX ones.. because of there length of the last one… do I need the spring as well or do I have to tell the cam salesman “I have 280Z valves�???

Has anybody did this before 280Z valves into E31?

The ZX valves are SHORTER due to the increased depth of the combustion chamber.

The 280Z valves are the same length as 240 valves, so there is no difference in valve spring length between the two.

I have the 280 valves in my E31, it's pretty straightforward, but if you have other questions just ask.

The machinist you use can get the valves for you. Also, you might consider some stainless valves. There is a guy in OR who is selling 280Z stainless valves for pretty cheap. There has been a thread on that seller (also sells on ebay I think) in the last few months, so it shouldn't be too hard to dig up. One other option is to pull valves out of an old N head. Either N42 or N47 works, and most of these heads haven't had valve trouble or more than one valve job.

One other option is to pull valves out of an old N head. Either N42 or N47 works, and most of these heads haven't had valve trouble or more than one valve job.

Trouble is the 280Z was never sold here in Europe! So I don’t think I’ve to look for a N42 head… what a cheap change that was…..:(

On the internet I found this sold by autopartsgo..? They got intake and exhaust valves.

http://63.89.49.212/parts/online_catalog/wizard.jsp?year=1975&make=NI&model=280-Z-001&category=A&part=Exhaust%20Valve&usemake=&returnurl=http://catalog.autopartsgo.com/basket.php?action=additem_framed&stylesheet=http://catalog.autopartsgo.com/stylesheet.php&phonenumber=&dp=false

I also had a chat with my Nissan parts manager here in Holland after I give him the Z car CD numbers. Guess what: he is able to deliver them! The old numbers are still correct…:?

Have to check this in the morning..

Ps did a search on 280Z valves here and at eBay but zippo..

One other option is to pull valves out of an old N head. Either N42 or N47 works, and most of these heads haven't had valve trouble or more than one valve job.

All my misery comes to an end, as I just discovered my head in the garage is an N47 :burnout:

bought the donor zx from an lady way back in the nineties, she took the car with here to Europe.

Remaining is the search for seats…….

Just for the numbers. According the books, a 240Z valve head diameter measurers.

Inlet .1.65 in (42.0mm)

Exhaust 1.38in (35.0mm)

The valves in my N47 are

Inlet 44.3mm difference 2.3mm

Exhaust 35.4mm difference 0.4mm