HybridZ

Just Got A 280z

Guest LightSkin1

Guest LightSkin1

I seriously need help with my Z... i recently brought it and I have no idea of the parts that I need :( . I can tell you that the engine drives good, but can somebody help me by telling my parts that will make it run better? Also if I want to transfer the rear drum brakes to disc, is there a specific type of disc brake brand i need?:(

There is a sticky in the brakes section and if you do a search for brake upgrades you'll get alot of information. Personally I have a 9 inch ford so I can't help you there with regards to the back brakes.

For motor help you'll have to be more specific. Is it an NA motor or EFI or turbo, etc. You have to have an idea of what you want to achieve in terms of HP as well.

But if you lurk around and do alot of research using the search function you'll find alot of information that's already here. Take a look at the timeslip database and PM people if you have specific questions about their cars. Most people here are pretty helpfull if you have a specific question and you have used the search function already before asking.

Doc

• 2 weeks later...

try what i did.

when i bought my 240z i had no clue on what was what really, and i even bumped my head when i first went inside the car haha. i didnt even know how to start it, or drive at all manual or automatic haha, i was a really big complete newbie at cars.

but what i did as soon as shortly before purchasing a Z i wikipediad datsun, 240z, 260z, 280z all gens of Zs and found out their basic specifications, engine sizes, curb weights, simple things like that.

After that i started getting an idea of what an engine was, and started searching through all kinds of things Z related and slowly started to figure out what some of the car parts functions were, i bought car and driver's book on datsun Z, and have a 1st gen Z repair manual and i read it even though i dont really know what the parts are.

the best advice i can give you is to read read read and read. its very hard to start off and figure out whats what, but once you start somewhere it would lead to something else and so on. im not a mechanic or guru but i have learned a good deal since i bought the car 2 months ago.

im very thankful and fortunate to have found these forums, the people here and topics are really good and just use the search to find out new things. you just need to have a little determination to learn, but you'll get there trust me.

Guest LightSkin1

Ill have to look into that then. I just really want to start on working my car but I have to head back to the military pretty soon and i wont be able to get done all what I want to do to it. So ill start reading more and post more threads :)