HybridZ

Any HybridZ in southern New England

Anybody in southern New England want to show me you HybridZ?

I am getting ready finally, I have received the funds I needed to START my conversion about 8K. I have been collecting things for the past few years. (JTR manual and mounting kit) All new poly mounts installed, some body pieces, etc.

I am going to wait till winter to see if local junk yard prices come down any for an LT1/T56 combo. I also have an insurance adjuster friend keeping an eye out for for a fresh wreck. Winter seems to collect it's more than fair share of F body cars here. I would like to see a completed conversion or one in progress if there are any locally or within a 3 hour drive of Boston that would like to meet and talk about their car some.

I have a 1978 280Z with a mint interior and a fair exterior, the floor pans are good but the passenger side frame rail could use some help, I am thinking having the rails replaced/capped with the ones available from Baddog parts who is local to me. I can do anything mechanically but have had to part out any welding or extensive body work, I can paint good though and have painted plenty of cars in my day. I built a wheel standing VW bus with a Buick Turbo V6 many years ago and built my share of muscle cars back then as well so I know I can do a swap as long as I can get somebody to do the welding and body work.

Thanks

talk soon maybe?

Greg

OK I guess no HybridZ's in Southern New England. How about ALL of New England?? Anybody???

I just went to an ZCCNE (Z Car Club of New England) meet this past weekend and no SBC hybridZ plenty of Turbos though. Nice bunch of guys.

Finally met John of Baddog parts!

I am going to join the ZCCNE anyway and hope to be the first SBC HybridZ in the club.

I just wish I had another one in the area I could look at, oh well.

Greg

Hey Brad,

Had a great time hanging with you guys at the Exoctic car show meet last Saturday.

Seeing all those beautiful Z cars really got my Z craving going again!!!

I joined ZCCNE on Monday.

I plan on getting everything together this winter and start putting it together late winter and all through spring hoping to have it driveable by the end of spring.

I am going to hit you guys up at ZCNNE for advice and contacts on local help for the stuff I can't do, I am confident I can do the swap mechanically and electrically but need to get ahold of the right contacts people for welding, bodywork, driveshaft welding etc.

so I will be in contact and will post some pictures as soon as I remove all the stuff sitting atop the Z right now!

Don't remember the name of the guy in Albany do ya? A ZANY member?

Talk later,

Greg

Hey Brad' date='

Had a great time hanging with you guys at the Exoctic car show meet last Saturday.

Seeing all those beautiful Z cars really got my Z craving going again!!!

I joined ZCCNE on Monday.

I plan on getting everything together this winter and start putting it together late winter and all through spring hoping to have it driveable by the end of spring.

I am going to hit you guys up at ZCNNE for advice and contacts on local help for the stuff I can't do, I am confident I can do the swap mechanically and electrically but need to get ahold of the right contacts people for welding, bodywork, driveshaft welding etc.

so I will be in contact and will post some pictures as soon as I remove all the stuff sitting atop the Z right now!

Don't remember the name of the guy in Albany do ya? A ZANY member?

Talk later,

Greg[/quote']

1tuffz is in Rochester NY with a complete swap ls1/t56

I hope to get mine done this winter also.....

Damm I wish you guys lived closer!

Hoping to start a project up in Buffalo early next year for my work so If I am in the area I will send an email to see about stopping by.

EvilC and 1tuffz wow both LS1's I am jealous

I only have about 8K to play with so I am working on a budget for an LT1/T56 swap.

EvilC, almost done parting out the Maro?

Greg

1978 280Z needing bodywork, welding, and LT1/T56

Damm I wish you guys lived closer!

Hoping to start a project up in Buffalo early next year for my work so If I am in the area I will send an email to see about stopping by.

EvilC and 1tuffz wow both LS1's I am jealous

I only have about 8K to play with so I am working on a budget for an LT1/T56 swap.

EvilC' date=' almost done parting out the Maro?

Greg

1978 280Z needing bodywork, welding, and LT1/T56[/quote']

Maro has about $600 left to be payed off with more than enough parts to cover it. I took a break for partin the parts out cause I went on vacation n school just started this week. Do you already have the LT1/T56 combo yet? 8k! can buy a nice wrecked car n when ur done partin out I am sure you can make some money back or have ur motor and tranny almost for nothing.

By early next yr I hope to maybe have the motor fired up, we have to wait n see how much school wants out my pocket first!

Hey EvilC, no I don't have the LT1/T56 combo yet. I have been keeping an eye out on EBay and the Boston Craigslist for any deals at least 2 or 3 times a week. Unless a good deal on a fresh wreck or running F body pops up I will probably go the local Junk yard route this winter when parts are cheaper. I check Car-Parts.com for the local yards inventories every week.

I have to finish the tool shed in the next 2 weeks to get all the crap out of the garage and off the Z!

The 8K I have has to cover everything so I think I can't spend more than 2500-3000 on the LT!/T56 combo to leave enough money for radiator, Taurus fan, driveshaft, wire harness mod, Frame rails and welding, toyota front disks, LT1 brackets for AC compressor, clutch master and slave, Maybe bigger fuel lines, and finally body work and paint (obviously not show quality but not Macco!)

I am starting a budget and using threads found here too fill it out.

I hope I can do it for 8K with some luck.

Greg