HybridZ

Small step for mankind but big one for me!!!

alexideways

I just made a big leap forward, I sold my block, head, turbo and all the bits and parts I was collecting for $2000 because... I just found a rb25det that has 18 000 KM on it with transmition, uncut harness, ecu and afm for $2600CAN. So, has the car will soon go into hibernation out goes the ol' L24 and in goes the RB, wich me luck and I'll try to upload some pics as i go along to make somekind of a "How to" manual. + Me and a friend just found, in a field of a farmer he knows, a 1949 Buik Roadmaster, the car was left there 10 years ago by a guy from the village who asked to park the car there but, never came back, so we called the police, the car is'nt stollen and belongs to a dead guy so, we're filling forms to gain posession of the vehicle trough the farmer. FREE!!!!!! I'll try to post pics of that to,

restoring a framed car is a joke compared to are small unibodys.

I just made a big leap forward' date=' I sold my block, head, turbo and all the bits and parts I was collecting for $2000 because... I just found a rb25det that has 18 000 KM on it with transmition, uncut harness, ecu and afm for $2600CAN. So, has the car will soon go into hibernation out goes the ol' L24 and in goes the RB, wich me luck and I'll try to upload some pics as i go along to make somekind of a "How to" manual. + Me and a friend just found, in a field of a farmer he knows, a 1949 Buik Roadmaster, the car was left there 10 years ago by a guy from the village who asked to park the car there but, never came back, so we called the police, the car is'nt stollen and belongs to a dead guy so, we're filling forms to gain posession of the vehicle trough the farmer. FREE!!!!!! I'll try to post pics of that to,

restoring a framed car is a joke compared to are small unibodys.[/quote']

....what happened to the RB30et idea,i thought you had a few engines coming from aus?

I'm still on it, just going to swap the block of the 25 for the 30 but, for the price I figured that it was worth it. At first, I tought I'd save by buying parts for cheap here and there but as I was adding evrything up, I figured that it'd be cheaper to buy a whole, working engin and just swap the bottom end plus, with everything I sold, my engin just cost me 600$ so, it truely is a big step forward. + I only have one block left to sell out of 3 so, all in all it'll be very cheap for me, I was truely lucky.

No, I was talking about the fact that I sold my bunch of parts in favor of an almost new RB25 to perform my RB30 swap and then in the same post I said that me and a frien had found an 1949 roadmaster that we'll get for free.

That thing has an inline 8cyl. I wonder what kind of power I could get out of this with EFI and a big turbo LOL.

P.S.: I really like your Z Mech.