HybridZ

Performance Exhaust Headers

Guest elementsofway

Guest elementsofway

I'm planning on eventually adding a custom turbo to my 1978 280z L28; however, I'm relatively new to turbos. I'm curious though as to whether turbos need different exhaust headers then NA engines? Right now I'm looking at the MSA 3 into 2 exhaust headers from www.thezstore.com. Will these be able to handle the addition of a turbo or would I have/want to eventually replace them? Is there something better?

Any insight would be great.

I would really suggest you do lots of searching on this site as well as other turbo related sites to gain some more know how before tackling a turbo project for the first time.

To answer the question no the header listed will not work on a turbo application. Most guys go with the factory turbo manifold. If ported it will handle 400 plus HP.

• 1 month later...
Guest jinsei888

if you do some search on how a turbo works along google or another search engine, you'll see that a turbo sits after the exhaust manifold ("headers") and then exits to a single into the exhaust piping...there is very much a different setup than your N/A

• 4 weeks later...