HybridZ

How do I fix this?

New2TheZ2006

:-| Got rid of all of other dents except this one. I am a novice, so this on edge/croner is throwing me.... :-|

any entry level ideas would be appriciated.

PS

Molding holes on both sides of vehicle. Can I fill em with jbweld, sand it down and skim with bondo and then prime?

:icon46: I know, I know, ..... but I can't weld, I don't have a weld machine, etc... etc... Just a shade tree, wanna be mechanic/body man. A kids dream (mine), trying to be a reality, to own my own Z. :-)

dentrf_thumb.JPG

Bondo is all you need for the headlight bucket. Fill the hole and then build up a big gob of bondo, and sand and shape it. The hood looks like more of a pain than the headlight bucket. Because you can probably get the hood straight, but a wrinkle will probably always show.

bondo the headlight bucket

as for the hood, nows the time to get a carbon fiber or fiberglass one, you cant really use bondo on a hood because when you slam it itll crack eventualy, the reverse folding of the 240Z would make it better, but eventualy itll probably fall off

your other option is to throw a bra over it

Take off the hood, usesome wood, like 1x1.5" base molding piece (like$5 for one at homedepot). cut in half, place one on top and other on the bottom (trim to fit) use a pair of C clamps and slowly try to bend the dent out.It will start to bend the area behind it, but shouldn't be too bad.

you want the leading edge to be as straight as possible and the main dent's high points to be lower than the rest of the "straight" metal. Then bondo.

The non-vented hoods are a paint to bondo even. Even if it looks straight, its most likely not. Well, thats probably what it'll take to fix it. If you're like me,you will do the whole hood, lol. If you're lazy (like me when I get frustrated and don't feel like doing allthat work, and have the money) you willbuy a CF hood. lol

Okay, Carbon fiber, it is interesting, but, (here's the dumb question) does it paint the same?

And what about the small holes left from taking off the molding. Should I braze with a torch, JB weld and sand, or ______. Remember not a welder and do not have a welding machine or talent in that area.

Thanks again guys,.

Jon

:icon6:

Bondo is all you need for the headlight bucket. Fill the hole and then build up a big gob of bondo, and sand and shape it. The hood looks like more of a pain than the headlight bucket. Because you can probably get the hood straight, but a wrinkle will probably always show.

ZFury I love that side shot of your car!