HybridZ

New to board...

Guest MattyDaddy

Guest MattyDaddy

Hey everybody! I am new to the board here and found you guys through the zcar.com site. I am getting the itch to build up a 240 really bad and I'm glad I found this site as I have been out of the Z scene for quite some time. Previously I had owned 2 72 Datsun 240Zs. One was built for auto-xing with a 2.8liter, n42 head, 5 speed, 4.11 posi gears, etc. The other had a 327 chevy with turbo 400 trans.

Anyway, I really have not looked into what people are doing to their Zs in years! Currently I drive a Dodge SRT4 with some mods, but I'm thinking of getting rid of it so I can build something new :)

So, I couldn't really find a place in here to learn more about what Hybridz is or to go to introduce myself so I just did it here. If this needs to be moved, that's cool :)

Z ya round

Matty

Why do you say that, gasoline? I never did an intro thread, but I did kind of ease my way in before I started my own threads. I think the only people that have a really hard time are the ones that sign up and just run around like they own the place. As long as you (by you I mean any new member, not you personally) search first and try to treat people like you want to be treated, I don't think too many people will get on your case. Besides, having threads ignored for awhile and being told by like 10 people to search is sort of like frat initiation...

what's up, i'm new here too...now i'm starting to realize how much smarter it would have been if i started an introduction thread

Well introduce yourself then ....:D

MattyDaddy.. As far as engine swaps/upgrades go you'll find that it's been done or talked about by members on this site and details posted on them.... Oh and Welcome...

LARRY

Welcome!

As Larry said, most anything can be found here by searching the archives. Try searching using different word combos and you can almost always find the answer. If not, the search will allow you to refine your question and ask one that isn't so general like "I want to swap a v8 in, how much does it cost?".

Guest Gasoline
Why do you say that, gasoline? I never did an intro thread, but I did kind of ease my way in before I started my own threads. I think the only people that have a really hard time are the ones that sign up and just run around like they own the place. As long as you (by you I mean any new member, not you personally) search first and try to treat people like you want to be treated, I don't think too many people will get on your case. Besides, having threads ignored for awhile and being told by like 10 people to search is sort of like frat initiation...

i guess it's because out of all forums i belong to this is the only one i've never introduced myself in....maybe i'm just too used to it, thanks for the advice though