HybridZ

SBC swap parts list

I'm trying to figure out what all goes into a SBC swap into a '70-'75 Z [smog exempt in here in CA].

The Z

JTR kit

Complete Engine + tranny

What else is there? I've used the search function like crazy but have not found an answer.

Chevy small blocks and turbo 350/400s are pretty cheap up where I am, having something on the road is alot better than not, so I am willing to go the most basic way.

Besides what I've listed, what else is there that I would need to buy?

How much would it cost to have the engine mounts welded in, ballpark figure?

Thanks for any help!

You really need the book, you will save the $ by not buying the wrong parts. My drawers are full of receipts for my project what I thought would cost 3K is at 8K and growing and there is no paint or body work done with the exception of the engine bay. You can do it cheeper but the basic parts will still be required. The mounts are not welded in. Good luck

What all goes into the cost? I've thought of a few things that I'd missed the first time.

-Suspension

-Tires

What else causes the price to get so high? I'd much rather have a running, but ruff, 350/thm350 with a bad ride rather than great parts . . .

3K I can do, 8K, is well, waay more than I can afford at the moment.

aside from the car, the engine and tranny combo u get, ur still looking at:

Hei dist

Fuel pump

JTR kit

Radiator/+-fan

sending units

Driveshaft mod(driveshaft, flange, u-joint)

hose's/clamps

hood latch mod/safety latch

lots of little things

i thought it would be really simple at first, but after reading the book u get to understand the little things u want on hand BEFORE you begin, or else ur gonna be sitting around waiting on little parts that keep you from moving on. So i'd get the book, make a list on every part you need for your engine/tranny combo, and if your ready, get everything at once if you want to move smoothly..