HybridZ

Probably one of the best grocery getters, halers

EZ-E

What are the specs on that engine? I was under the impression that the 305 in the RS' was pretty poor. I know in the SHO I've trounced more than a few RS Camaro's. I would have gone with a more powerful motor personally

I may be mistaken though, I'm not familiar with the Chevy V8's.

Still and all, its extremely clean and the swap looks very well done, would be a hell of a sleeper!

I stomped on an old 305 firebird in my ragged out old 280 that was bone stock. This guy's head is in the right place, but he could have chosen a stronger powerplant. I've got a picture somewhere of a 240 volvo wagon that I saw at Moroso that had a Penta marine engine shoved into it. He had his hood cut out so that the turbo plumbing would fit, and the car would pull the front wheels into third gear. Now that was a sleeper for sure!

You have to keep in mind where this guy was coming from engine-wise, this was a major upgrade.

The Volvo 740 GLE is equipped with a 4 cyl engine (not Turbo) of 114 hp

As per power output, shouldn't a 305 should make about 15% less power than a 350?

How wide of tires can you fit under the back of one of those Volvo's? Not much point in putting a 400hp V8 in a car with 185 series tires...

From the JTR Volvo page:

With the standard 3.31 gears, 195/70-14 tires, a 700-R4 transmission, and the stock Volvo 2 inch diesel exhaust, the car would do 0-60 mph in 8.1 seconds. The 1/4 mile took about 16.3 seconds with a trap speed of 84 mph.

This is with the same exact engine:

The engine is a 305 throttle-body-injected V-8 from a 1991 Camaro.

JTR Volvo

Lots of good info on their site (including performance and weight figures).

Having owned a number of these 2 and 7 series cars, I can tell you that ANY Chevy V8 will make for an improvement over the N/A cars. They are slow as all get out, but they are comfortable cars that are tough as nails. Perhaps one of the safest cars to be in when in an accident. That wagon would do well with ipd suspension teeks and some decent wheels & tires. Nice daily driver that can haul the Lab in the back as well.

Davy