HybridZ

MSD Distributor

zthis

Bracket raced on Saturday and won the event with my most consistent times ever 11.1x and 1.5x 60 foots all day long BUT the kicker was my HEI distributor was falling apart the mounts for the weights had broken off so i figure i might start the upgrade to MSD Anybody have any experience running a MSD Pro Billet Distributor the clearances must be better than a HEI for sure. Can I run it with a holley strip annihilator ignition and laser shot coil which i currently use

You can call MSD to make sure, but usually they will connect to diffirent boxes and coils. I run the MSD pro billet dizzy.

John

Bracket raced on Saturday and won the event with my most consistent times ever 11.1x and 1.5x 60 foots all day long BUT the kicker was my HEI distributor was falling apart the mounts for the weights had broken off so i figure i might start the upgrade to MSD Anybody have any experience running a MSD Pro Billet Distributor the clearances must be better than a HEI for sure. Can I run it with a holley strip annihilator ignition and laser shot coil which i currently use

I've got Four MSD 85551's in four different engines, but I run MSD 7 ignitions and have to run HVC 2 coils. It's the ignition box that dictates coils so I'm sure you can run whatever. MSD sells wiring adaptors for about everything as well. More adjustability in the MSD dizzy, you can set mechanical advance to tailor your ignition curve, pretty nice, you can set total mechanical advance and the rate!

I upgraded the reluctor to a cnc unit after the vandals broke my dizzy. Can't tell any difference, except in the pocketbook!