HybridZ

The grandaddy of SBC cylinder heads can be yours!

am I the only one, thinking this is being sold because the necessary extra parts are either far to expensive or not available at all?

keep in mind that the heads were VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION, ARE OUT OF PRODUCTION,and cost $3500 plus valves and springs (easily $1000 more)

plus

(notice $1200) rockers and offset roller lifter cost similar)

youll easily have $6000 or more in running heads

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=29850&searchItemId=126765

just the ofset rockers and lifter could cost you several thousand, more

and Im thinking ,a small block head with a 319cc port size is not likely to be usable at less than about a 450 displacement our under 5500rpm

then, the thought comes to mind, AIR FLOW RESEARCH BIG BLOCK HEADS flow similar numbers but with slightly larger ports and have the advantage of both larger valves and a splayed valve layout, and a larger bore size, so I doubt the flow numbers are at the standard 28" vacume reading or taken with a 4.25" bore fixture which is about max on a sbc aftermarket block

am I the only one' date=' thinking this is being sold because the necessary extra parts are either far to expensive or not available at all?

keep in mind that the heads were VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION, ARE OUT OF PRODUCTION,and cost $3500 plus valves and springs (easily $1000 more)

plus

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=29850&searchItemId=126765

and Im thinking ,a small block head with a 319cc port size is not likely to be usable at less than about a 450 displacement our under 5500rpm

then, the thought comes to mind, AIR FLOW RESEARCH BIG BLOCK HEADS flow similar numbers but with slightly larger ports and have the advantage of both larger valves and a splayed valve layout, and a larger bore size, so I doubt the flow numbers are at the standard 28" vacume reading or taken with a 4.25" bore fixture which is about max on a sbc aftermarket block[/quote']

Hey Grumpy, you don't want to leave all your money to your kids do you? LOL. The only reason you make it is to spend it. Think I am going to die broke but happy. :wink:

am I the only one' date=' thinking this is being sold because the necessary extra parts are either far to expensive or not available at all?

plus

then, the thought comes to mind, AIR FLOW RESEARCH BIG BLOCK HEADS flow similar numbers but with slightly larger ports and have the advantage of both larger valves and a splayed valve layout, and a larger bore size, so I doubt the flow numbers are at the standard 28" vacume reading or taken with a 4.25" bore fixture which is about max on a sbc aftermarket block[/quote']

I know but you'd be the only one on the block to have 'em and I'd bet that on a properly prepared 421 or 434 that it'd make well over 800HP NA!