HybridZ

My Imsa 240z R Type

nismoztune

I noticed your car on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-Series-DATSUN-240Z-Datsun-240ZR-BRE-RACE-CAR-LOOK-W-IMSA-WIDE-BODY_W0QQitemZ230029840187QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) for 30K. Let us all now what it ends up selling for because I believe a there are several of us that would be interested in what our cars should be valued at and arround for a variety of reasons including insurance purposes. Mine is still a work in progress but will be there.

I doubt very seriously you will get 30K... I have seen some really nice stock drivetrain Zs going for 10k with show quality bodywork...

The 30k cars have a lot more work into them than yours.... Willwood Brakes, custom suspension, chassis reinforcement, exotic engines, TKO transmission, show quality paint and body...

It sounds to me that yours is basicly a bone stock Z with fender flares... it is at least 15K and 1 year away from having the builup that would fetch $30K as a complete race car.

this is my other car the will be for sale soon w/ nissan skyline engine (rb20det w rb25 turbo ,z32 brakes,ss lines,nismo,intecooler,nismo seats,shortshifter,stearing wheel,tanabe exhaust,nismo z tune paint job,nismo GT LM wheels,Imsa wide body stage 1,and many more.

i like to now what you tinkg guy from this one .

thanks.

nismoztunePicture400.jpgPicture399.jpgPicture401.jpgPicture402.jpg62418030.jpg

I have run into pictures of that car before... It is nice... but It would need to be really well sorted out with all of those components functioning perfectly...

fit and finish would have to be impeccable...(why is the front airdam mounted with the upper corner OUTSIDE the headlight bucket?)

Every detail of the engine installation would need to be aircraft quality... if someone like me opens the hood and sees retrofitted factory fittings, poor wiring work, or improper(unreliable) hose and line routing... the price drops considerably...

A 30k car will have race car/aircraft quality workmanship and fittings...

I like the silver one, but I'm not sure I would EVER pay $30k for a Z of any kind. That's not saying that NOBODY would pay that much, but I learned a long time ago not to buy somebody else's hot rod, unless you plan to redo the whole thing. I'd be far more likely to buy a beater and do the engine swap myself. I think the silver car would be worth around 10k to 12k? I don't know how much money you have in it, so you should probably start with at least that much.

o.k guys thanks for the info' date='when I put the price is because i dont have any idea the price for my car. I remove the price (buy now) and I low the reserve to afordable price.

thanks.:([/quote']

Fair enough. It's difficult to set a price due to the number of unrealistic sellers on ebay over the past few years. Good luck with the sale of your cars; both are extremely nice. If it's not toomuch trouble let us know what the $ it goes for and then if the deal actually goes through. Too many flakes bidding on ebay IMO.

Davy