HybridZ

Warning about buying from one of the members here

Zmanco

After a month of waiting for datsun327 to send the item, I'm going to have to go to Paypal for some help (wish me luck!).

Since there's no formal feedback mechanism in the "For Sale" section, just wanted to suggest others beware.

Question to anyone who needed help from Paypal for a non-ebay transaction: How did it go? Any suggestions?

Note to moderators: I read the FAQ on posting and hope this is ok - I don't want to see anyone else get taken.

Sorry to hear about you problem, what did you buy? and was it advertised on this board?

I Have only had dealings with PayPal on ebay, They can do a "charge Back" if you used a credit card, I dont know about transfer from a bank acct.

Good luck,and let us know how they help you, It could help others in the future.

It was an MSD ignition box he listed in the For Sale section on this site.

I opened a dispute on Paypal and I guess I'll see how it goes. I did use a credit card so hopefully that will help. It's just such a waste of time for both us. I want to believe that he didn't initially set out to scam whoever sent him money, but nonetheless, after almost a month, it's really hard to come up with a good excuses for why it hasn't been shipped. Especially since he already told me he shipped it via FedEx, but hasn't sent me a tracking number.

I don't like it when people take my money, and I especially don't like being lied to.

Daniel - Sorry to hear that! I see that Datsun327 lives in Plano Texas. There is a guy in Arlington TX, that I need to pay a visit to with my Louisville Slugger for the same reason. Do you want to make a road trip? We could be there in no time?

This crap pi$$es me off....you wouldn't know.

P.S: Did you go to the Tynan Nissan car show yesterday?

Yasin

Generally, you can tell when someone is reliable and trustworthy by doing a bit of detective work. Ask around, read old posts, even look in other forums for the username.

I have had good luck and when I don't find alot of info about someone, I proceed with caution.

Good Luck.

Daniel - Sorry to hear that! I see that Datsun327 lives in Plano Texas. There is a guy in Arlington TX' date=' that I need to pay a visit to with my Louisville Slugger for the same reason. Do you want to make a road trip? We could be there in no time?

This crap pi$$es me off....you wouldn't know.

P.S: Did you go to the Tynan Nissan car show yesterday?

Yasin[/quote'] LOL, thanks for the offer Yasin, and a part of me would love to take you up on it, but it's less than $100 so better to let Paypal handle it, or not.

And yes, went to the car show yesterday. We had almost 50 cars and it was a fun event. I was pleasantly surprised that we had a lot more early Zs show up than last year. Weather was pretty nice as well, and always fun to hang around with a bunch of Z nuts. Sorry you didn't make it.

Daniel - OK...but my offer stands if Paypal falls through and if you need to blow off some steam...justice..just the old fashion way.

Is anyone going to post pics from the Tynan show? I can host it on my website if someone emails the pics to my email address - slownrusty@yahoo.com

Sorry I could not make it, my ZXT is still in a thousand pieces but I am hoping the wait will be worth it. Sounds like it was fun!

Yasin

Generally' date=' you can tell when someone is reliable and trustworthy by doing a bit of detective work. Ask around, read old posts, even look in other forums for the username.

I have had good luck and when I don't find alot of info about someone, I proceed with caution.

Good Luck.[/quote']I had done that here and saw he had made a fair number of posts. I guess I was hoping that the odds of getting stiffed were less in a community like this one where there's such a willingness to help each other. Still, any time I buy something without being in person, I realize there is a risk that it may be a write off. I've been very fortunate so far that this is the first time I've been screwed. Like I said before, hope others go into any transaction with this guy with their eyes open.

... I did use a credit card so hopefully that will help.

Good! At least now you have a fighting chance. Many of the credit card companies will refund your money, although that is most likely with a transaction related to a store or company, but who knows? Check with their customer service department and read the fine print on your last statement.

I'm not sure why more people don't post something like "Who can vouch for 'so and so'?" If no one answers, then they're probably not someone you want to send money to.

Good luck!

Davy