HybridZ

Found A Good Place That Sells Hakosukas Etc

Corzette

Damw that 2000 GT looks sick i think it would be a bit cooler if it had 2jz in it, or the original motor. Allthough this car is worth about a 250K and to do anything to it would just depreciate in value because its not like the 2 door hokasukas 71-72 there is defenatlly plenty of those in Japan. But the 2000 GT there is aproximatlly 380 some made back in the 60's. But very impressive that some actually had the balls to swap a motor in this beatiful godess.

Yeah, it definitely took some sack to make that decision! I noticed they kept the silly wire spoke wheels though...Value or not, that would be the first thing to go if I ever bought a 2000gt. Don't get me wrong, they would be stacked up in my garage against the day somebody offered me a rediculous sum for the car, but I wouldn't be caught driving around on them.

Yeah true that, but i am just thinking of the purpose why, why and why? I mean if you got somewhere in between 170-240K then you can defenatlly buy 2000GT meaning if you were to do anything to it you got it covered since you paying so much for the car. But swaping 1jz motor and not 2jz or even some other powerplant of Toyota i think is a waste. Becuase the car dosent really become faster its just becomes more of Hybrid then. Like for example taking a 71 Hokasuka and droping an rb26 in it would defenatly make it a hybrid rether then having that L20 or L28 motor which would make it a clone and has no overall value of the car. But in 2000GT that motor is the gold mine no matter where you go. Just like the original S20 out of 71 GT-R.

I wouldn't say that the 2kGT comes down to it's motor. Yamaha had a hand in it, it was also a 2liter twin cam, much like the S20-cool to be sure, but with the alternatives available, it makes a better conversation piece than powerplant. But look at that car! I would say that anything that gives you performance to match the looks would be an improvement, but i also would never discard the original equipment from something like that. There are certain models that are extremely rare, and you are doing a dis-service to posterity by irreversably modifying them. It would be like swapping an RB into a 432, or putting an MSA airdam on an original HS30H. It may be better according to your personal taste, but the cars are so rare it just doesn't feel right. Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between a 1jz and 2jz besides the number of turbos?

Yeah i defenatlly agree with you on that. Well here is the diffrence between 2 motors. The 1JZ is 2.5 liter, the 2JZ is 3.0. The 1JZ has weaker internals when compared to the 2JZ. ANd 1JZ is single turbo that never really apeared in supra and wasnt an USDM motor. On the other hand 2JZ is a twin turbo motor that only came in a Supra. Sort of like the RB25 VS RB26 in that case. But both motors have good potential in it considering that they have a bulletproff bottom end which can handel alot of power.

Oh yeah BTW this is very cool shop on my land that deals with supras just check it out. www.sound-performance.com they have the fastest street driven supra in mid-west.