HybridZ

Strut bars....... Are they worth the money?

biohazard53188

In most cases I'd think it should be possible to modify the mounting plate to work with a camber plate. Welded on mounts are better though, so if you don't mind welding on your car that's the way to go. I had some pics, not sure where I got them, of the PDK guys welding on the mounts for their strut tower brace on a red V8 Z car that had camber plates. Maybe someone else remembers those pics and can direct us to them.

Darn, does that mean I'm a ricer? hehehe

DSC01667.jpg

Yes they do make a difference. I learned how important they can be, during my motor swap.

We had cut out the top rad support brace, to facilitate the driveline going in and out many times for measurements and trial fittings etc.

Anyways, I have a 12 point cage in the car, and with NO driveline in the car, when the car was lifted up and down on the hoist, We could not put the top rad support back into place with the car on the ground (weight on the wheels), and there was waayy too much room when the car was on the hoist.. There was a lot of flex, and remember, there was no driveline, so the front end was quite light.

So I don't think mine is overboard.. well..maybe a little :)

Thank you for your support...

Looks GOOD!!

Darn, does that mean I'm a ricer? hehehe

DSC01667.jpg

Yes they do make a difference. I learned how important they can be, during my motor swap.

We had cut out the top rad support brace, to facilitate the driveline going in and out many times for measurements and trial fittings etc.

Anyways, I have a 12 point cage in the car, and with NO driveline in the car, when the car was lifted up and down on the hoist, We could not put the top rad support back into place with the car on the ground (weight on the wheels), and there was waayy too much room when the car was on the hoist.. There was a lot of flex, and remember, there was no driveline, so the front end was quite light.

So I don't think mine is overboard.. well..maybe a little :)

Hey guys, I'm not calling you all ricers for having a strut bar. I'm not calling myself a ricer either. I'm just saying that the first 50 or 60 strut tower bars that I ever saw were on Honda's which also had CAI's and usually the $300 Nology wires. I'd say a good 90% also had a fart can on the back, and that was about the extent of their modifications. Strut bars are icing on the cake, they're not the main course, if you get my drift.