HybridZ

280z's for sale....pondering a purchase

240zV8

Well, i was just checking the classifieds tonight, and decided to check ebay for local Z's for sale. And i found this ad right here in my city.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOT-2-280Z-280-Z-DATSUN-NISSAN-260Z-260-Z-240Z-240-Z_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6783QQihZ008QQitemZ180030633700QQrdZ1

Now from the looks of it, i wouldn't drop the asking $650 on these, but if it doesn't get any bids, i'm gonna go check them out tomorrow and offer the guy $400...i mean for 1 pretty decent Z, and 1 rust bucket, $400 is worth it i think (even though that sunroof should be on the rust bucket where it belongs...lol). The red Z has a good body and engine looks complete (prolly runs), and dash isn't cracked at all. u never know what the underside looks like until you get in person.... But what do u guys think as a good start for me?

For starters the red one has a ZX L28 in it. You can tell by the fuel rail and the anti vaporlock cooling blower. Assuming it's salvageable it's a better motor than the original. Too bad it's got the automatic. Lot's of good glass but my bet is the dash is cracked on both cars.

Do the super thorough rust inspection. I see the blue car has CA tags. That usually bodes well for low rust but not a guarantee.

Whichever one has the best body use it. If the red one wins out there you might want to cut the roof off the blue one and eliminate the sunroof on the red one.

For starters the red one has a ZX L28 in it. You can tell by the fuel rail and the anti vaporlock cooling blower. Assuming it's salvageable it's a better motor than the original. Too bad it's got the automatic. Lot's of good glass but my bet is the dash is cracked on both cars.

Do the super thorough rust inspection. I see the blue car has CA tags. That usually bodes well for low rust but not a guarantee.

Whichever one has the best body use it. If the red one wins out there you might want to cut the roof off the blue one and eliminate the sunroof on the red one.

the dash on the red one has no cracks, look at the second picture, it has the dash cap taken off... The engines on both look like they've been sitting by salt water for awhile....

the dash on the red one has no cracks, look at the second picture, it has the dash cap taken off... The engines on both look like they've been sitting by salt water for awhile....

If you read it close....it says the dash cap has no cracks. Email the seller to make sure.

If you read it close....it says the dash cap has no cracks. Email the seller to make sure.

I'm getting kind of frustrated, because i've been looking for a Z for about 6+ months and really want to get a project going. In the past i've let a couple go by because one was an automatic and didn't run and had a rear end clunk for $500 but had a great body. Another one with a good body, 5spd, didn't run, but had a sunroof for $600. I'm starting to think i'm going to settle for something i don't want..ie sunroof, auto... my plan keeps changing from V8, to l28et, so i didn't mind a non running car because i was thinking just to swap something in, but now i think a running l28 is fine, rebuld it, turbo it, and fix everything else before i do a big swap... I use to just impulse buy, but now i'm smarting to think things through more. I hope a Z goes up for sale with no sunroof and 5spd in the near future with a good body....lol...its sound so easy. Someone got one for sale in the NW?