HybridZ

what happend to my intake valves?

VG33TT

Motor was running great last night. I go to start it today and it suddnely looses compression. It sounded like the timming belt broke and I can here the pistons hiting the valves. I pulled the timming covers off and its still in perfict time, timming belt is new. This motor has only 30k on it. Then I pulled the valve covers off and all of the intake valves are stuck open. So what the heck happend to caus this? I am going to get another moter this weekend but I just dont understand what happend to this one. I never even got to drive it, I just got it running last night.

DCAM0761.jpg

DCAM0762.jpg

Ok, just had to check, your not oiling the top end for some reason, the guides need some oil to function, yours obviously didn't get any. But it's too late now.

That motor probably has other problems now too, but it still will make a great boat anchor!

Oh, and ditch the worthless fram filters and get a real filter would you!

There is plenty of oil in there. Its just hard to se in that pic. If the cylinder head was starved of oil I would of herd lots of clicking and chatering from the hydraulic lifters. What could caus the valve guids to not get oil? Do you think bad gas could of gummed them up causing them to stick open?

DCAM0768.jpg

DCAM0764.jpg

DCAM0763.jpg

Guest Jason84NA-T

How is the tension on the belt? My guess is it slipped if the tension was too low. I've seen VG's with the intake valves stuck open. When the piston hits them they bend at the thinner part of the stem right near the guide and then can't close at all.