HybridZ

hx35w

CantZme

I am now a proud owner of a used holset hx35w(internally wastegated) turbo with a 12cm wheel:flamedevi . Only paid $270 with shipping so i think i got an awesome deal. Looking under the hood of my 260 it looks like it will fit on my l28et without fitting issues, but i have read that some are not able to fit this turbo on similar setups due to lack of clearance. 1) will this turbo fit? 2) would this be a somewhat street friendly turbo matched to an MS'ed l28et with stock dished pistons(7.4cr) if i do some mild headwork and a decent cam? I understand that thumper is seeing 12psi at 3100 as i recall from another post; can i assume similar spooling characteristics as this turbo is dual scroll and uses MWE(map width enhancement) though it is considerably larger? An info is helpful...

I am now a proud owner of a used holset hx35w(internally wastegated) turbo with a 12cm wheel:flamedevi . Only paid $270 with shipping so i think i got an awesome deal. Looking under the hood of my 260 it looks like it will fit on my l28et without fitting issues, but i have read that some are not able to fit this turbo on similar setups due to lack of clearance. 1) will this turbo fit? 2) would this be a somewhat street friendly turbo matched to an MS'ed l28et with stock dished pistons(7.4cr) if i do some mild headwork and a decent cam? I understand that thumper is seeing 12psi at 3100 as i recall from another post; can i assume similar spooling characteristics as this turbo is dual scroll and uses MWE(map width enhancement) though it is considerably larger? An info is helpful...

Nope it won't spool as fast. In order to really use the divided entry turbo you need a split-pulse manifold. Also in order to use the hx's 12cm housing you need to run a spacer and make your bolts longer on the exhaust manifold. It hits the the exhaust manifold if you don't. If you do a search with the member 73turbo240z I believe he had a full explanation of why the hx doesn't fit without spacers. It might still be street friendly but I wouldn't want to track it. Too much lag. Still good for drag races though. Good luck.

Guest 280ZForce
It works, it fits, it was on the pinks car, so I don't see what the issue is, with exception of the exhaust manifold.

correction if I may, the turbo on the pinks car was a hy35, not an hx35. the hy35 will bolt up to the stock manifold though.