HybridZ

847 cam on the way

nazar

well since i bent that valve i pulled my heads, getting thinner impala headgaskets, gm847 cam(vs current hotcam) dual valve springs, retailers, keepers, guide plates, etc...

Im gonna shoot for 370whp, up from my current 336whp

Cant wait, should be done by next weekend

well since i bent that valve i pulled my heads, getting thinner impala headgaskets, gm847 cam(vs current hotcam) dual valve springs, retailers, keepers, guide plates, etc...

Im gonna shoot for 370whp, up from my current 336whp

Cant wait, should be done by next weekend

How did you bend a valve?

The 847 sounds pretty good with 234/242 @ .50 and 539/558 with 1.5:1 rockers. Are you going to go with 1.6 Roller Rockers as well?

I don't know if you've done it already, but I would switch to a double roller as well...especially if the timing chain had anything to do with your bent valve.

Do you have any head work done or aftermarket heads? I thought you said you had ported heads but I dont remember for sure?

I am really looking forward to seeing the dyno results. I may end up with this cam also.

How much was it for the cam and springs?

Guy

well the heads will be getting ported too, a local porter here who does wonders on v8 heads has done multiple lt1 heads and keeps giving me a better and better deal because he really wants to see a big head/cam 240z go , lol...he gave me a deal i couldnt refuse

heads are getting ported, new ss valves, etc...

I actually held off on the 847 cam to do something different and not as proven

I am going with the new XFI based cam but a more custom grind from combination motorsports

Its on a 111lsa, 233/239 duration and .569/.577 lift with 1.6 rockers

I will be using beehive springs

My heads that will flow mid 250s/180s hopefully will get me over 400whp , which is my goal

I still need 30lb injectors.

400whp at 2550lb on slicks should HOPEFULLY get me low 11s if not the magical 10.99 on the motor which would be amazing

I would suggest 36lbs injectors also just because you dont want to have to upgrade again later if you want more power. The price difference wont be much either.

I bought a set of slightly used 36lbs injectors off of Ebay for $200 and sold my stock injectors for like $75. You should be able to find a deal similar to that if you look for it.

I think 30lbs will be enough for your goal but 36lbs would be better so you your duty cycles wont be so high.

Guy

what do you guys think about my cam selection?

Its on a 111lsa, 233/239 duration and .569/.577 lift with 1.6 rockers

its based on one of the new xfi cams

If your getting a custom grind, have you thought about going with a 4/7 swap. If I didn't get a deal on my heads/cam package I think I would have gone with one.