HybridZ

Anyone have a fuel cell with a spare tire?

Datsun350Z

I'm debating whether to do a fuel cell, or clean out the old tank and re-do the lines. I would prefer to do a cell for many reasons.

Anyone have a setup that works well and looks good? Pics?

Criteria:

8+ Gallon Cell

Fuel cell setup that is easily filled, don't have to move the spare. (opening the trunk to fill is ok by me).

Spare is as accessible as stock.

What would be an optimum mounting point for the fuel cell?

Side to side I would think center, but is there any weight (me) that is on one side of the car that would benefit by setting the cell to the passenger side of the car instead?

Front to rear, I would think as far forward as possible, but as far as this goes that is only a guess. I can't begin to imagine the variables as far as handling, and straight line traction, any input on this?

Int_4_thumb.jpg

Int_5_thumb.jpg

I dont know if this is right but the shop that i have taken my car to. One of the mechanics told me that he can mount like 10 galon fuel cell underneath where the old fuel tank is. I dont know if thats a good choice as far as clerance goes, since the fuel lines would come out underneath any way. But thats alot more better then mounting it inside. No fuel smell open trunk for shopping and the spare tire in place. LOL so much for a race car...