HybridZ

JTR Hood latch

I have the JTR hood latch assembly and need to install it. MY JTR book has been MIA for awhile now so I don't have the dimensions to mount the JTR bracket.

Can anyone tell me the instructions or scan me that specific page that has the pic with measurements?

I plan to secure the hood this weekend and have the exhaust installed next week. Then it will be pretty much ready to drive.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a scanner here at work, but I DO have my JTR manual. here is what it says, verbatum:

"For the engine to be set back, the stock hood latch bracket and mechanism must be modified to allow clearance for the distributor.

Remove the stock hood latch bracket by drilling through the spot welds as shown above.

Install the new bracket (page 2-10) so that the top edge of the bracket is 1.12" below the bottom edge of the ledge.

Bolt the bracket to the firewall with 1/4" bolts and self-locking nuts. The cowl must be removed for access to the back side of the firewall. Also, the windshield wiper motor should be temporarily unbolted and moved over for access to some of the bolts. This is tedious work, but it only needs to be done once."

• 3 years later...

Dudes, maybe not a very popular opinion, but ahhh... be careful scanning things to the internet. JTR worked hard to produce that manual and that is their source of income. I understand the original poster said he already purchased the book but still, you can not verify that, and once you upload an image like that to the web it is around, for other folks to bypass paying for the book. Look, I am not a anti-piracy nazi, but i do think we should support the small businesses who support out hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

HB, these aren't pics of the hood latch specifically, but maybe they will show you how it works. In the first one, you can see the L shaped bracket mounted to the firewall, right behind the distributor. For some reason, the top piece and latch are laying on top of the brake booster in this pic.

pic_032S1.jpg

In this one, you can see the top piece bolted to the L bracket, which gives you a place to mount the stock hood latch, and gives the safety latch something to hook on.

It works very well, I've never had any problems with it. About the only disadvantage is you have to unbolt it to remove the distributor, the realign it when you replace it.

pic_041s1.jpg

John